Filling up with lpg gas in Calais. (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Has anyone filled up with lpg at the newish Carrefour station in City Europe. It is usually our first stop for diesel, but last time we called we needed gas as well. We could not fathom how to approach the pump, as the filler seemed to be on the wrong side of the pump. Our filler is on the UK nearside.
The pumps were very busy, so we left without filling.
Did we miss something or is it difficult?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
If the LPG pump is on the wrong side for you then just try somewhere else! The LPG pump at Auchan in Coquelles is fine for motorhomes with the filling point on the left hand side and I've used it several times (just stop on the right hand side of the leftmost pump as you enter).

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It was possible on our old van (and probably on our new one) to put the LPG through both windows through the cab and fill up that way.
Personally i enjoy the turning round and causing mass confusion at a petrol station and when they realise what you are up to you get the french changing their faces from "Sacre bleu" to "Bien fait"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Our filler is also UK N/S.
We tried (God, How we tried!!!) to get some gas at Lagoa in Portugal at the Jumbo Supermarket but the entrance is impossibly tight and the filling point for gas is on the O/S.
It's worthy of a note, (as I did in the case of Jumbo) in sending an email to the folks at:
www.mylpg.eu/stations/france/
There are also sites for Spain and Portugal.
They put a note on the individual station to warn prospective customers of the problem.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We filled up at the new Carrefour in Cite Europe last September. The LPG pump was on an island which could be approached from either side. It was the island furthest on the left as you enter. Our gas filler is on the right and we therefore approached on the left side of the Island But we could have gone on the right side if the filler was on the left. I think the button and gas gun was on our side, but the hose could easily reach around to the other side.

Only problem I could see was that it was on the part of the forecourt that you had to use the kiosk to pay so it may not be open 24 hours a day.

Edit - I have just checked on streetview and you can see the gas pump on the left Island - it is the one beyond the petrol pump and only has one hose. And it can be approached from either side

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back