Davylambretta

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Is it just me or I'm I getting it wrong!

I seem to spend ages trying to fill up the tank using a normal sized hose most seems to gurgle back out even though I've pushed the hose down as far as I can get more water over the floor than in my tank

Any tips as to how to do it A, Quickly B, Get more in the tank than on the floor

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't push the hose too far in.

For water to go in the air in the tank has to be able to get out.

Forget quickly, it takes as long as it takes. Empty to 120 litres can take 15-20 minutes or even longer depending on the water pressure of whatever you're filling from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
For the water to enter the displaced air must be expelled. Its possible that the air vent is blocked. If there is a cover that can be removed on the tank try to fill with that open and this could indicate that the vent is blocked.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Both of the vans I've had do that, you just have to turn it down a bit to let in slowly...(y)

Then when it's full it pi** all over the place....:D2

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just fill up slowly check the filler hose is not blocked
billc

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I used to have this when filling up.
I was fed up of looking like I had p' myself as it always gurgled back and splash the never regions.
I bought one of those water caps Heowater? Blue cap with a male hose connector on it.
Since then, I've stayed dry and it's worked great.
Well worth the money in my view.
Another tip, buy one of those expanding hoses.
I have a food grade blue hose and also have an expandable hose.
I stayed on the Bruges aire last year and could fill up with water without moving the m/h (parked in Calais haha).
A German guy watched me and I thought he was going to have a moan but he waited until I had filled up and then asked if he could borrow it to fill his motorhome up. I must have been about 30m from the tap. The expanding hose collapses down to hardly no space.
We don't drink from the m/h tap anymore as we use a brita filter jug so not fussed about it not being food grade.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
We've a breather pipe which when I'm filling when it starts to come out so know its full. Well the end of the pipe used to have a little mesh filter but that dissaperered yonks ago, when ever I'm filling and stand there I thinks to myself I need to sort that! came back from a month away stuck the hose on and stood and waited, as said can take a long time and ours is usualy about 15 minutes. time went on and I thought strange, went inside and lifted the bed to see the tank expanded and buckled, surprised it hadn't burst. Stuck at piece of wire down and out shot a stream of wasps egg laying grunge. Luckily the tank went back to its normal shape and guess what the breather now has a little filter on it again.

Shawn

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Is it just me or I'm I getting it wrong!

I seem to spend ages trying to fill up the tank using a normal sized hose most seems to gurgle back out even though I've pushed the hose down as far as I can get more water over the floor than in my tank

Any tips as to how to do it A, Quickly B, Get more in the tank than on the floor

What make is your van? Some German vans have a special adjustable level valve inside the tank, that stops it being a breather.

OP
OP
D

Davylambretta

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I used to have this when filling up.
I was fed up of looking like I had p' myself as it always gurgled back and splash the never regions.

I'm the same and normally by the time I've finished it looks like I've cartographed a map of Africa around my jeans or swamped myself

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Use a watering can.

I use a watering can aswell.By the time you get the hose pipe out and get the right connector i have the tank half full with my
watering can.Then you also have to put the hose away after getting as much water out of it so it does leak in your locker.
I use a 90 degree round gutter pipe in my water fill point and just pour into that.(y)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Another watering can fan. We use one of these, well OH does, he does complain about it though, says he looks silly. For goodness sake, does it really matter if it's pink, it still does the job.

IMG_0495.JPG

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
5 gallon clear jerry can and a whale 12volt submersible pump. I can pop a puritab into the can if the water is "iffy" and also carry some "spare water, if miles from anywhere..
Mitch.

OP
OP
D

Davylambretta

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Planning on doing that also Mitch mater of fact just made up the water pump lead last night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back