Maggie B

Free Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Hi, we picked up our Trigano Tribute 650 last week but when we tried to fill it with water most of it seemed to spurt out again. Other half managed to find a "sweet spot" but was difficult to hold in that position and to know when it was actually full. Is there a specific hose or adapter we should be using ?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Maggie B

Maggie B

Free Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Thank you, I will buy one and see how it goes, gotta be better than what we were doing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I find it much better than tryng to hold a pipe in the filler. It means you can be at the tap end without having to have one hand stretching out to the van. Also on some systems you have no control over how fast it comes out of the tap.

Wyn

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
My brother had a Luner that was difficult to fill. He could only fill it completely if he loosened the internal cover risking flooding the van. We discovered the tank was vented via a small pipe which came out near the filler cap. The pipe was to long and had a kink in it stopping the tank from venting. After shortening the pipe he never had that problem again. Since he bought this van second hand the previous owner must of suffered this problem for some time before selling on.

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Get him to shove it in as far as he can, you get a good hold of it and... Oh sorry, thinking about something completely different! :D

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
If you think about your basic physics, when you fill a container with liquid, the air inside the container is displaced and is very often not noticeable because it can escape from the same hole that the water is going in. If your water has to go down a long narrow pipe into the container then quite often the water occupies all the volume of that pipe , compressing the air in the container until it gets to a pressure that is greater than the pressure of the water going down the pipe and you get a blowback.
The simple way to get round it is to have an air breather back out, whilst the water is going in and in practical terms this means putting a hose of lesser diameter than the fill pipe, down into the tank itself and therefore maintaining an air breather alongside the hose.
I always fill with a watering can and had the same problem until I bought one of these...

and always put this down the water fill pipe until the end is a few cms inside the water tank itself, push the rubber nozzle onto the spout of the full watering can and tip it in. For convenience I shortened the length of hose to about 50 cms for our van but fill pipes can be different lengths within the MH's

Here endeth the lesson:whistle::whistle:

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you think about your basic physics, when you fill a container with liquid, the air inside the container is displaced and is very often not noticeable because it can escape from the same hole that the water is going in. If your water has to go down a long narrow pipe into the container then quite often the water occupies all the volume of that pipe , compressing the air in the container until it gets to a pressure that is greater than the pressure of the water going down the pipe and you get a blowback.
The simple way to get round it is to have an air breather back out, whilst the water is going in and in practical terms this means putting a hose of lesser diameter than the fill pipe, down into the tank itself and therefore maintaining an air breather alongside the hose.
I always fill with a watering can and had the same problem until I bought one of these...

and always put this down the water fill pipe until the end is a few cms inside the water tank itself, push the rubber nozzle onto the spout of the full watering can and tip it in. For convenience I shortened the length of hose to about 50 cms for our van but fill pipes can be different lengths within the MH's

Here endeth the lesson:whistle::whistle:
Based upon the superbly written above. I employ the wife to sit in the van having taken off the top and monitor what is going in. This has 2 benefits.
1) The air is displaced out of the gaping hole
2) Shuts the wife up

here endeth the second lesson of today !

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Based upon the superbly written above. I employ the wife to sit in the van having taken off the top and monitor what is going in. This has 2 benefits.
1) The air is displaced out of the gaping hole
2) Shuts the wife up

here endeth the second lesson of today !
... and your wife's take on this ... she would say ...

1) I bunged up the breather pipe so I get to sit in the nice warm van while he's outside filling up ....
2) I get a break from his endless whinging!!!
3) doing this means hubby thinks he's being clever but in reality it is I who is the cleverest!!! :D2

... here endeth the most important lesson of the day ... never ever try to outdo a woman! :D

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
... and your wife's take on this ... she would say ...

1) I bunged up the breather pipe so I get to sit in the nice warm van while he's outside filling up ....
2) I get a break from his endless whinging!!!
3) doing this means hubby thinks he's being clever but in reality it is I who is the cleverest!!! :D2

... here endeth the most important lesson of the day ... never ever try to outdo a woman! :D

1) i bunged it up as well to ensure she is in the van.
2) I dont whinge without her input
3) On behalf of all the married men, I am pleased you are able to think this

I refer you back to point number 2 of mine. P and Q achieved !

waterfilling envy ?

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
1) i bunged it up as well to ensure she is in the van.
2) I dont whinge without her input
3) On behalf of all the married men, I am pleased you are able to think this

I refer you back to point number 2 of mine. P and Q achieved !

waterfilling envy ?
You just know I'm gonna show this again don't you .... so you can 'suffer jealousy' even more!!! :moon2:

Water - kit.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Maggie B

Maggie B

Free Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Thank you NAMWALDOG, for the physics lesson. My daughter is studying Physics at uni and would laugh as she knows i am "physics illiterate" Think i might go far sitting in a nice warm van and let hubby fill it up.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back