Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Going away first time for a week in a while, but wont arrive first night until after dark. Should we fill on board water tank before we leave, or wait until we get there? Disadvantages and advantages to both I guess, but what are they please?

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi i leave my tank empty find it make a difference to the ride,I always put some water in the fridge just in case want to
make a drink on our way to site,think its down to your own choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We always go on full tank of water, empty cassette. On winter trips especially, we always arrive somewhere in the dark and it's saves messing around on arrival and a quicker "set-up". This reduces the time we have to wait to get a glass of wine and a meal on the go(y)
On our last trip we left Scotland with a full tank, stopped over in Harrogate for several days then spent a couple of days at Chatsworth. I was glad we had a full tank (topped up before leaving Harrogate), as the water taps had frozen up one morning at Chatsworth and several people were standing around wondering how they could get water on.
I don't bother about our mileage as I've found that travelling with a part full tank doesn't have any effect on the mpg. There are so many other variables that can affect your mileage........however, our recent mileage over a 930 mile trip was around 26/27 mpg and all on a full tank. Everybody has their own driving style, but having a full water tank gives me a sense of well-being.........:)

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
We always travel with full water tank, empty waste and toilet if possible and we use fridge for food and odd can of john smith's. Been caught out a couple of times in long hold ups, lovely to have a nice tank of water for a hot drink.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paul18

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Lots of sound advice, i am very grateful, thank you guys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
And fellas, if the van runs out of water it's our fault, even though they've washed and conditioned their hair, left the water running when brushing teeth, over fill the kettle, and use the loo more than us, and are using more water when flushing, and then has the cheek to moan when their is no water to make ice for her g and t.

Upvote 0
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
And fellas, if the van runs out of water it's our fault, even though they've washed and conditioned their hair, left the water running when brushing teeth, over fill the kettle, and use the loo more than us, and are using more water when flushing, and then has the cheek to moan when their is no water to make ice for her g and t.
I never realised my wife had an idenical twin !

Upvote 0

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The plate on our Adria is under bonnet at front, first thing you see when opening it.

With water I half fill as seem to lose a bit out the over flow when driving so it's a waste to brim it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back