Figure Of 8 To Omnistor Awning??? (1 Viewer)

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Hi
does anyone know how to connect the figure of 8 bit, to an omnistore 5000 awning. i have just bought a royal kensington drive away awning. it is in perfect knick, and i have all the bits, just a bit confused where i connect it to.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
On ours there is a strip of metal that runs the length of the awning just inside the curved bit, if you can imagine where I mean. It is simple to slide the figure of 8 onto the strip. and off when you want to leave but not take the drive away, away. You will have to have the Omnistor out just a small bit to get it on.
Hope that helps.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
You need a length of webbing to slide into the top of the figure of 8. You then slide the webbing into the Chanel inside the wind out casing. Finally the awning should slide into the bottom of the figure of 8 channel. Hope this all makes sense, but as Keith says above you will need to wind it out a little to make the connection.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
hi guys and gals, thanks for your help. i have the webbing etc, but i must be a dozy sod, because i cannot see where i connect it to the omnistor. I did wind it out a bit. I know as soon as I do it once I am gonna say, "how did I not see that".

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
It should literally be a narrow channel on the inside of the casing. Might be easier to identify By looking at one end, you hopefully will see the channel better. It is narrow, just enough to feed the webbing into. Good luck!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
By the time you wind it out far enough to reach, as you say, it should be obvious

Broken Link Removed

I am not clever enough to highlight things or colour them, but the bottom right bit opens up as you extend the awning leaving the channel exposed, albeit still slightly obscured by the front flap

we do the same as you are trying to and leave our webbing bit in all the time, when wound back it is pinched in place (y)

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Haha, found a c section, on inside of front of awning. Now, can i leave the webbing on this and close the awning. ( i suppose i will have to try that myself) Thanks for all your help.
IMG_3353.JPG
IMG_3353.JPG IMG_3353.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back