Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi All

I note that there's a FICC mega-meet at Umag in Croatia next June.

Opinions please? Is this sort of meet worth going to or should we stick to small sites and not get involved in a big shin-dig? Or perhaps just drop in for a couple of days??:Confused::Confused::Confused::thanks:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
What is the FICC? sounds like a nice run to croatia for it.

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Federation of Intl Caravan Clubs - international group got connections with C & CC::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
What is the FICC? Federation International Camping & Caravanning.

Link Removed

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Ficc 2010

That Croatian coast line is simply beautiful - and years ago was a tourist trap in the old Yugoslavia days so combined with travelling through Northern Italy to get to it - an experience in itself - a visit to Umag seems a good idea. I confess I have yet to attend an FICC meet as it seems always such a marathon so would be more inclined to drop in for a couple of days - but of course watch the costs!!

Hope the full timing goes well - and I have fond memories of Grantham as I lived there as a young man doing my first job with a British Leyland subsidiary!!

Sincerely

Christopher

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Mo and I visited Umag with our caravan on at least 8 occasions during the 5 years (1983-1987) I was stationed in Dusseldorf and stayed there for three or four weeks at a time - fabulous!

Throw your clothes off and worship the sun - superb!

Do not be tempted to go there during the last week in July and the month of August as it became flooded (totally inundated) with the Dutch and Germans.

We made that mistake once and the site went from about 30 caravans on a Friday night to over 2000 by the Sunday night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
We went to this years FICC in Ipswich; if I recall a 10 day meet, hosted this year by the C&CC. On other occasions its been hosted by the CC when in the UK.

Excellent event if your friendly and like meeting people; a grand rally really and the International flavour is a significant bonus [well to us it is]. They organise trips out [costed extras] from the site and also on site entertainment [ included free] of which this years was very good indeed.

Whilst you can drop-in for a couple of days that would be a wasted opportunity and you will be paying for the whole event whether you stay the course or not.

So really are you or are you not the type to enjoy the company and friendship offered by others, that is the fundamental question to ask yourself.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back