Fiat x290 swift MH captain swivel mech probs. (1 Viewer)

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
the drivers swivel seat is having a few problems. When rotating, it’s a bit stiff and when you try to ‘click’ it back into driving position lock, it often takes quite a few tries and then you have to really get a run at it!

my local dealership where we bought it from new in 2016 say they can’t look at it until December (!) That was after chasing them up about it as they are really bad at returning calls. Also, I haven’t had a call back from another local MH dealer even though they said they would too…

are these mechanisms relatively easy to take apart and fix or are they sealed and just need replacing? I could’t find anything online about it.

I was going to have a word with my local diesel garage, they service it but they normally don’t deal with MHs.

Any advice would be really welcome!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
When mine became stiff to rotate I found that a reflective jacket had become dragged under it and into the support bearings. I had to remove the whole seat and dismantle the rotating base gubbins to get it out. The seat was very heavy.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
As spriddler says above be aware of the weight of the seat it really needs 2 to take it off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pusscat

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
I’ve just been to a very local campervan converter that I didn’t know existed! He was recommended by my local garage.

took the van around this morning and had a really good chat with him. He’s had a look at it and it looks like the original swivel plate may have had an issue with it from the start and it’s just progressively got worse. There are deep gouges in the metal where it is wearing away and actually bits of metal swarf when you look closely.

so he’s going to order us a new plate rather than try and mend the old one and fit it for us quite quickly…

It just reminded me to search out for local businesses rather than rely on the ‘big names’!

i also spoke to him about compressor fridges. It’s the only type he fits and it gave me a lot more confidence in upgrading to one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back