Fiat X290 external temperature gauge (1 Viewer)

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good Morning all

I have a 150BHP Fiat 2015 vintage and on my dash by the speedo I have an outside temp reading, two weeks ago the reading on the dashboard said 4 degrees then whilst on a journey up to Scotland it suddenly shot up to between 79-89 degrees, and trust me the weather hadn't changed that much, then gone completely replaced by 3 lines where the figures should be.

Now whilst it doesn't matter as it's not important has anyone else had this and is it a case of a temp probe malfunction or something else?

Any ideas?

Tezza

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
You might be the only survivor of the nuclear attack you drove through without realising it?

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Have come across this frequently on other vehicle, usually a poor connection at the probe. Got same base vehicle as you, no probs with ours yet, but it's position behind Front lower grille not ideal. Try cleaning the connection to senser. It might have input to cab aircon and could affect its operation. Some sensors when reconnected default to a ridiculously high or low temperature. This will revert to normal after 2 or 3 start ups or a short run.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Ok thanks for the help, will have a look for it and give it a clean if I find it, fingers crossed

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Probe is in the drivers side mirror on some Fiat PVC
No idea if coach builts are different
I thought it was in nearside mirror on all variants but when we had a problem with our 2015 coach built it wasn't there and I traced it to the front grille. Perhaps there is a difference between the coachbuilt and PVC. Hope my earlier answer hasn't confused anybody.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Update, had a route around and found nothing behind the front grills, called my local Fiat depot to ask where it was, it's in the mirror, and according to them cant be changed, have to change the whole mirror.
He did say if there is a sensor behind the grill, it would be for the cab Aircon not the one I'm looking for.
As the cost of the mirror could be several hundred pounds, guess who is not having a temperature read out on their dash.
Had to buy a new front pipe with cat converter for my Fiat scudo this morning £178 fitted and Vat, gee gods, save for retirement be buggered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back