Fiat X290 ABS/Comformatic problems (1 Viewer)

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
I bet if someone at the factory read this, they'd weep at the incompetence of their dealers. My take is the guy at the dealer is too thick to understand the problem and report it correctly to Fiat, meaning they won't get the proper diagnostic. He's probably too dumb to even realize he needs help on this. It doesn't mean much about the quality of the vehicle, stuff happens on any product. It says a lot about the dealer company though.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sounds a right pain in the bum.

Vehicle technology these days has gone tok far that it just creates problems I think.

And now theyve brought engine management lights in to the mot check regardless if they cause issues or not.
All ways to make money

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A further update.
Last week I had a call from Customer services can't remember if it was Fiat or the dealer group anyway answered their survey told them what I thought. The next day I got a call from the service manager at the dealer. He went through everything with me apparently they cleared several error codes fro the ECU the reception guy told me they only cleared one also they applied 3 software updates that I wasn't told about.
Then he said if I would like to give them another chance when I need something doing he would give me a special rate.

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Just a thought, have you considered replacing the earthing strap between the gearbox and chassis. Apparently corrosion within the crimped terminals can cause all manner of strange fault codes. This earth strap is behind the engine airfilter and below it on the right. I understand that this strap is in the power suppy to the ECU. The link below gives more info.

<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Update:
I was going to replace the ABS sensors and check the rings but after my German hospital stay and taking a few months to fully recover I never got around to it.

I've been using the van since May, and have been in a few tricky situations where I expected the traction control to do its nut and get me stuck, but the van has performed faultlessly. Steep slopes with gravel, rough ground with gravel & big potholes in the wet performed perfectly.

The only thing that's changed is when I had the van serviced I got them to change the brake fluid, I really don't see how that could have affected it but you never know.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back