Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We have just returned from what should have been a relaxing weekend at a friends CL at Cley in Norfolk, On the way there on Saturday afternoon, on a 2 lane road, a tractor with machinery sticking out the drivers side took my mirror off, despite having mirror guards fitted, needless to say, he didn't stop, possibly didn't know he had done it, I had cars behind me so could not pull over at first, eventually went back, but could not find the tractor, the mirror was hanging by the wires, I managed to tape it out of the way, not a good start to the weekend.
On returning home today, pulled into the drive and found diesel leaking from the fuel filter, this is the filter that has been on for a while as the M/H has only done 6K miles.
2 questions, has anyone else had a fuel filter suddenly start leaking an 130 bhp engine, also has anyone tried putting the short arm mirrors on a coachbuilt M/H,(2009 Swift Bolero or similar), to narrow the mirrors, to minimise damaging collisions, if so, was it satisfactory.??:Angry::swear:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
On the fuel filter, i am fairly certain they are a sealed unit with push and lock fittings, it could be one has unlocked itself. Its easy to get too top right of engine compartment.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We, too, have had a mirror to mirror "incident". As expensive as they are, think I would prefer the long armed version to ensure good rear view as opposed to reducing risk of similar incident by going for the short armed version. Personally (and I think this probably goes for most Funsters) I spend a lot of time checking both mirrors.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have checked the pipes, all are connected OK, the leak seems to be coming from the locking ring area.
I agree that the long arm mirrors are best, would like to minimize the cost of further damaged mirrors, anyone tried the short arm version.?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Leaking filters are really common as they are a real bitch to get to seal up in the first place

All you can do is take the top off wipe grease on the rubber ring faces and refit the top
It took about 6 times to get it to seal and in the end it tightened and sealed using an oil filter strap !

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Fuel filter

I bought a new filter today, couldn't get the securing ring undone due to flexing of the filter housing/aqssembly, I removed the N/S headlamp (easy), gave me much more room to get my filter grips in, fitted new filter, lightly greased ring, and reassembled everything, couldn't for the life of me see anything wrong with the old filter or ring, but cured anyway.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back