Fiat X250, Possible Issue with ECU wiring loom,Report. (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Saw this on Out and about live and Checked it out on the fiat forum:-

http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/443176-x250-money-saving-tip.html

Could be worth a look?.

P.s. Just been out with the "Shufti"scope. and can see the area. looks like it is possible for the loom to abrade?. Mine looks OK, using the Endoscope to view the underside of the loom, but I might pull the headlamp and look-see when I have more time.

Pete.

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Thanks Pete. After 25 years owning Peugeot and Fiat I'm still convinced they are recycled scrap. At my last count in 2014 I've attended my local dealers over 56 times for recalls. You would think after all the years building this rubbish they would have learnt to do it properly by now. They need some descent competition but there's none out there other than Mercedes.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Or Ford but they are "Fix Or Repair Daily" so probably worse than Fiat!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Thanks Pete. After 25 years owning Peugeot and Fiat I'm still convinced they are recycled scrap. At my last count in 2014 I've attended my local dealers over 56 times for recalls. You would think after all the years building this rubbish they would have learnt to do it properly by now. They need some descent competition but there's none out there other than Mercedes.

Yeh, I know what you mean, biggest problem is they produce so many of them across a large range of vehicles using the same parts.

Pete

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Pete,

Many thanks for posting that link. I had a look at my situation today, A class Hymer so removed nearside headlight and probably less access than on the normal engine bay but after some contortions I was able to get to the cable and sure enough, even though it wasn't cable tied the tube underneath the cable had lost it's paint and was rusted. I have protected the cable with convoluted cable conduit to prevent further contact and hope that this will cure the problem. Find it bad on Fiat's part that my ecu cable was chafing in two totally different areas.

Mike

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
This will be my job tomorrow, to see if there is any wear on our wiring loom , wish me luck....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back