Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Hello everybody I'm having a problem starting at 2017 Fiat ducato based van when I turn the key I get nothing as if the battery was dead however when I turn the key back to the off position the N flashes up in a square box with a beeping sound The N is of course neutral indicator as the box is automatic.

The van is also fitted with a metatrak disabler fitted by vanbitz. Using the MetaTrak app to check the status of the vehicle brings up the status from three days ago also it will not report its position on a map therefore my thought is that the system is not able to connect to the telephone system and will therefore not accept a disabled command does anybody have any thoughts on this ?

I was told by Vanbitz that you can disconnect or affectively short out of the MetaTrak system but it was just a very brief description on how to do it at the handover if anybody could explain this to me that would also give me an option of trying that

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sorry can't help but hope it's a silly thing easy sorted Alistair, it must be worrying at the start of your journey...

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The button on the dashboard which you press to lock the cab doors - is the red light on it illuminated or flashing?

If so, the vehicle may be imobilised

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I was told by Vanbitz that you can disconnect or affectively short out of the MetaTrak system but it was just a very brief description on how to do it at the handover if anybody could explain this to me that would also give me an option of trying that
Probably best nobody posts the information on open forum but only in private message, or give @eddievanbitz a call (I was told to call any time)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The don't have a door lock button
It's the one on the left, next to the hazard warning lights

IMG_8552.PNG

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
@Robert Clark no it is off

I've just put the gear leaver into R and tried starting. It doesn't start but also when I switch to off I get no lights or tones, they only come when I switch off in N

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The button on the dashboard which you press to lock the cab doors - is the red light on it illuminated or flashing?

If so, the vehicle may be imobilised
He doesn't have the central locking option so all the button does is turn on the LED in the switch.

Sounds like an imobliser problem where's Eddie @eddievanbitz

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
He doesn't have the central locking option so all the button does is turn on the LED in the switch.

Sounds like an imobliser problem where's Eddie @eddievanbitz
I agree either that or the gear box and fter the fiasco caused by the ill fitted E & P levellers crushing the fuel pipes and fiat taking six weeks to diagnose the problem, I'm loath to call them out until I've been able to at least try and eliminate the immobiliser as the issue.

So until I get a hold of Vanbitz, here we sit brocken hearted.

Still the sun is out and this is a first world problem so not to worry!

(On the downside I've only got two beers :cry:

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Have you tried starting in P....Park.

Could be a faulty gearbox inhibitor switch.
Sort of it's called a conformatic box which sort of a semi auto box, that doesn't have a Park setting but will allow you to start in any indicated gear and lever position with the electronics switching it to N on engine start. I agree it could be that kind of problem so have tried disconecting the battery, but that was no help.

To my mind immobiliser and gear box could both result in what I'm seeing. If it was a car .... well an old one, I'd put it in gear and rock it backwards and forwards to see if that loosened anything ,

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On my last van I had a Vanbitz immobiliser.
Disconnecting the battery would automatically arm it
Maybe you should try disarming it again

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Unless the gearbox has been changed in last 2 years there is no P position. I am sitting here trying to replicate your situation and the only time I get the same situation as you is if I don't fully depress brake pedal. Is it possible that brake pedal switch is malfunctioning. Do the brake lights come on. Not sure as a slightback problem stops me getting down to brake pedal but switch is usually at pivot point of pedal. I have known the odd errant foot to catch switch and partiality unclip. Long shot but worth looking.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
On my last van I had a Vanbitz immobiliser.
Disconnecting the battery would automatically arm it
Maybe you should try disarming it again
You're correct,I followed the instructions and had he alarm off before disconnecting the battery and the alarm went off as I disconnected the battery.it continued to sound while I counted to 20 before re attaching the battery terminal

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Unless the gearbox has been changed in last 2 years there is no P position. I am sitting here trying to replicate your situation and the only time I get the same situation as you is if I don't fully depress brake pedal. Is it possible that brake pedal switch is malfunctioning. Do the brake lights come on. Not sure as a slightback problem stops me getting down to brake pedal but switch is usually at pivot point of pedal. I have known the odd errant foot to catch switch and partiality unclip. Long shot but worth looking.
They do, also when I carry out a certain action with the lever, I get a message to depress the brake pedal then repeat the action ....it then works

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I agree either that or the gear box and fter the fiasco caused by the ill fitted E & P levellers crushing the fuel pipes and fiat taking six weeks to diagnose the problem, I'm loath to call them out until I've been able to at least try and eliminate the immobiliser as the issue.

So until I get a hold of Vanbitz, here we sit brocken hearted.

Still the sun is out and this is a first world problem so not to worry!

(On the downside I've only got two beers :cry:
Didn't know that was the outcome, at least it wasn't a nasy electronics fault where you would have been driving around wondering when it's going to happen again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back