Fiat Warranty (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not sure if this has been noted before but have just spoken to Fiat Warranty people about extending our warranties Fiat and Camper Assist.

We have German van (Frankia) on a Fiat Ducato base first registered in the UK in 2015 bought from a UK dealer, the base warranty is 2 years and I thought the Camper Assist was also 2 years. I know that you can get a longer warranty now, but this was introduced after 2015(??).

Very knowledgable lady called me to explain that you can extend any Fiat Warranty but this must be done in the first 15 days otherwise it is 2 years by fiat. So tough luck for me:(, does seem a ridiculous time frame!

The Camper Assist cover is 3 years for vans for which the first registration is in the UK :D, not 2 years as I had been lead to believe. If you have a continental van with a UK warranty book it should say 3 years, but alot of continental vans incorrectly have the Europe warranty book which states 2 years. In which case you have to insist and might have to ring Fiat Care to get help, and be able to prove first registered in UK.

She also rang to make sure that if we had any base vehicle issues after 2 years and you are at a Fiat centre then contact them as they have some discretion to assist financially with repairs after the 2 year warranty has expired:).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back