Fiat Warranty / Green Flag (1 Viewer)

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
I will be getting a new M/home Fiat based (Well some one has too, otherwise the the company will die, and will not be able not to help their customers :Eeek:)

I am a Caravan Club member and always used the Green Flag policy on previous M/homess

Now I have a one years Fiat Warranty, do I need Green Flag as well ? I know they overlap to a degree, but is the extra spent a wise investment ?

Rgds

Have not reversed it yet, but will let you know :thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

To the best of my knowledge the Fiat new vehicle warranty is pan European, so I would just use it for the first year as I can't quiet envisage an incident that you wouldn't be covered for.

If you were unfortunate to have a RTA then your vehicle insurance would/should cover any recovery, and if your battery goes flat etc then it would be covered by the warranty.

The only question that I can think of that could cause a possible problem is if you have a puncture, I'm not sure how the Fiat warranty would view that.

I would think that in general they have just bulk purchased cover from say the AA/RAC etc and i would suspect that they wouldn't go to deep into what was or wasn't covered but its always worth a phone call just to put you mind at ease

If you insure with someone like safeguard full UK/European Breakdown cover is included with you Motorhome policy, so you would have belt and braces.

Hope that helps

I will be getting a new M/home Fiat based (Well some one has too, otherwise the the company will die, and will not be able not to help their customers :Eeek:)

I am a Caravan Club member and always used the Green Flag policy on previous M/homess

Now I have a one years Fiat Warranty, do I need Green Flag as well ? I know they overlap to a degree, but is the extra spent a wise investment ?

Rgds

Have not reversed it yet, but will let you know :thumb:

OP
OP
T

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for the reply,

Has anyone had experience of FIAT Camper Assistance ?

Rgds

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. As mentioned by Braunston the manufacturers breakdown cover is provided by one of the main breakdown companies. (I spent several years contract managing breakdown cover for BT). A search for 'fiat assistance UK' indicates they use the AA.

Mike

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I was in the same position as you and cancelled Green Pennant during the 2 year Fiat Camper Assist.

I did have a major breakdown when the ECU failed during a camping trip in the New Forest.

Fiat Camper Assist were brilliant! The arranged for a breakdown vehicle which took us and the dog to the Bournemouth branch of Adams Morey a large commercial vehicle garage.

They also arranged for a taxi, 2 nights in an upmarket hotel, all meals, a hired car for me to get home.

Also they had Fiat's own technician to fit the replacement ECU.

The only thing I had to pay for was a hire car to drive back to Bournemouth.

All in all a good experience when it could have, so easily, turned into a disaster if FCA had not got things right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back