Fiat Warranty / Green Flag

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by TonyIsh UK, Apr 8, 2010.

1. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK

Ratings:
    +1
    I will be getting a new M/home Fiat based (Well some one has too, otherwise the the company will die, and will not be able not to help their customers :Eeek:)

I am a Caravan Club member and always used the Green Flag policy on previous M/homess

Now I have a one years Fiat Warranty, do I need Green Flag as well ? I know they overlap to a degree, but is the extra spent a wise investment ?

Rgds

Have not reversed it yet, but will let you know :thumb:

2. Braunston

Braunston

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

To the best of my knowledge the Fiat new vehicle warranty is pan European, so I would just use it for the first year as I can't quiet envisage an incident that you wouldn't be covered for.

If you were unfortunate to have a RTA then your vehicle insurance would/should cover any recovery, and if your battery goes flat etc then it would be covered by the warranty.

The only question that I can think of that could cause a possible problem is if you have a puncture, I'm not sure how the Fiat warranty would view that.

I would think that in general they have just bulk purchased cover from say the AA/RAC etc and i would suspect that they wouldn't go to deep into what was or wasn't covered but its always worth a phone call just to put you mind at ease

If you insure with someone like safeguard full UK/European Breakdown cover is included with you Motorhome policy, so you would have belt and braces.

Hope that helps

3. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply,

Has anyone had experience of FIAT Camper Assistance ?

Rgds

4. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

Ratings:
    +699
    Hi. As mentioned by Braunston the manufacturers breakdown cover is provided by one of the main breakdown companies. (I spent several years contract managing breakdown cover for BT). A search for 'fiat assistance UK' indicates they use the AA.

Mike

5. Spacerunner

Spacerunner

Ratings:
    +195
    I was in the same position as you and cancelled Green Pennant during the 2 year Fiat Camper Assist.

I did have a major breakdown when the ECU failed during a camping trip in the New Forest.

Fiat Camper Assist were brilliant! The arranged for a breakdown vehicle which took us and the dog to the Bournemouth branch of Adams Morey a large commercial vehicle garage.

They also arranged for a taxi, 2 nights in an upmarket hotel, all meals, a hired car for me to get home.

Also they had Fiat's own technician to fit the replacement ECU.

The only thing I had to pay for was a hire car to drive back to Bournemouth.

All in all a good experience when it could have, so easily, turned into a disaster if FCA had not got things right.

6. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK

Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks.

RGds