Fiat Technical Contact number/ Engine Light Issue (1 Viewer)

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
Hi all

Did a search on the Forum but nothing found.

I have a March Registered Ducato 2.3 Euro 6 D Auto MH which has not been used since lock down until now and we have just been away and did a 140 mile round trip on Motorways, on the way home the Engine light came on and we lost power and the Auto stop advisory came up stating unavailable, we pulled over on the hard shoulder and the engine stalled, I waited a few minutes and started her up and we got home fine and it ran ok although the light stayed on until we got home and its now gone out.
Ive been to a local Fiat dealer who has not filled me with confidence telling me he cant get it in to look at until the end of August so he has said just drive it and if the light stays out all is well which might be the case or not ????? So I was looking for the Number to contact Fiat Technical which ive heard people on here mention.

Thanks in advance for any assistance advice offered Rgds CJ

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Contact Fiat breakdown service and lay it on thick? You have two rears roadside assistance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If the light stays out forget it - unless you really want to subject yourself to a runaround, although I agree Fiat Assist do get good reports on here.

It'll have been a temporary fault that the computer decided was serious enough to flag up the warning, not unheard of after a period of non-use - I've had the same at various times over the 11 years we've had our Fiat. If you want peace of mind any good garage can put a simple diagnostic reader on it and tell you what it was, the fault is (usually) stored in memory unless someone deletes it. Or you could invest in an ODB reader yourself if you're feeling techie! Or find a friend who's got one and knows how to use it.

I'd only get bothered if it happened again.

The Fiat Assist number will be in your handbook, it may be a seperate booklet with it. Sorry, mine's in the van in storage so can't help with that.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all

I have a March Registered Ducato 2.3 Euro 6 D Auto MH which has not been used since lock down until now and we have just been away and did a 140 mile round trip on Motorways, on the way home the Engine light came on and we lost power and the Auto stop advisory came up stating unavailable, we pulled over on the hard shoulder and the engine stalled, I waited a few minutes and started her up and we got home fine and it ran ok although the light stayed on until we got home and its now gone out.
Ive been to a local Fiat dealer who has not filled me with confidence telling me he cant get it in to look at until the end of August so he has said just drive it and if the light stays out all is well which might be the case or not ????? So I was looking for the Number to contact Fiat Technical which ive heard people on here mention.

I have a 2 week old 2.3 180 6D temp with the engine management light on its a common problem its a faulty dpf sensor only problem is there is a shortage of new sensors because the problem is so common.

I have to wait 3 weeks for the new sensor still using the vehicle but lucky enough its in at SAP for other work for a couple of weeks.

There is loads of info on the german possel and carthago sites.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Thanks all for the Info and suggestions re Fiat Assistants i will try giving them a call and see if they can help out by sending somone out saves waiting until the end O August for a Fiat Dealer
If the light stays out forget it - unless you really want to subject yourself to a runaround, although I agree Fiat Assist do get good reports on here.

It'll have been a temporary fault that the computer decided was serious enough to flag up the warning, not unheard of after a period of non-use - I've had the same at various times over the 11 years we've had our Fiat. If you want peace of mind any good garage can put a simple diagnostic reader on it and tell you what it was, the fault is (usually) stored in memory unless someone deletes it. Or you could invest in an ODB reader yourself if you're feeling techie! Or find a friend who's got one and knows how to use it.

I'd only get bothered if it happened again.

The Fiat Assist number will be in your handbook, it may be a seperate booklet with it. Sorry, mine's in the van in storage so can't help with that.

Thanks for taking the trouble too advise me of your experience and the Info (y)

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Thanks all for responding much appreciated (y)(y) Rgds CJ :smiley:

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Update: So I called the Camper Assist out and this RAC guy turns up a nice guy who had worked for Fiat for 15 years, so he plugs into the OBD port and No DPF fault on this one but a Fuel pump (FP) A - low flow / performance problem + Rail pressure sensor. He thinks it maybe a blockage in the fuel filter, so ive booked it into Fiat for the end of the month (y)
He also warned me if storing my Vehicle for the Winter to be mindful of rodent damage to the wiring behind the fuel pump which is located too the right of the Engine when looking under the bonnet, he laughed and said I dont know why Fiat tape that part of the wiring loom in a fabric tape which Rodents love for nesting material, he had fixed numerous vehicles with this issue over the years, so I might place some Rat Traps under the bonnet :ROFLMAO:

Rgds CJ

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Update: Since I was left stranded on the M5 my Motorhome has been picked up from my home and left with the Dealer since the 27th August and they have confirmed its a Faulty Low Pressure Fuel Pump and their is no parts available in the UK or Europe :cry: :eek:

So now weve cancelled all our plans for the coming months :cry:

Ive written letters of complaint to Fiat Head office / Swift & the supplying dealer advising them of the time line and the fact that ive only done 249 miles since 1st reg back in March this year and we will see what the response is.

This far Fiat Camper Assist have been useless but I did speak to a helpful sounding Lady @ Fiat Customer Services for what thats been worth so far.

Rgds CJ

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi all

Register your MoHo with Fiat Camper (Link below) and it will give you the technical support number, I have found the workshops in general very helpful, if you happen to be near an Adams Morey dealership I have found them ver good

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Update: Since I was left stranded on the M5 my Motorhome has been picked up from my home and left with the Dealer since the 27th August and they have confirmed its a Faulty Low Pressure Fuel Pump and their is no parts available in the UK or Europe :cry: :eek:

Ive written letters of complaint to Fiat Head office / Swift & the supplying dealer advising them of the time line and the fact that ive only done 249 miles since 1st reg back in March this year and we will see what the response is.

This far Fiat Camper Assist have been useless but I did speak to a helpful sounding Lady @ Fiat Customer Services for what thats been worth so far.

Rgds CJ
Thats a shame as I have found them pretty good but I guess each to their own experience, hope your MoHo get fixed soon.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Update: My Swift Motorhome has been sitting at the Fiat Dealer with a knackered Fuel pump for over 2 x weeks, and the advice from the dealer is there are No fuel pumps available in the UK or Europe.
Therefore we have written to all parties advising that we are rejecting the vehicle under the Sales of Goods act 2015, and this has now been accepted by the supplying dealer who will supply our New Motorhome once we find one we like.
We can now put this whole experience behind us and look forward to getting a New Motorhome and hopefully a lot more miles than the last which is at 249 miles.

Rgds CJ

Easom515

Free Member
Oct 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pegaso 590
Exp
Since 2002

Rgds CJ

Easom515

Free Member
Oct 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pegaso 590
Exp
Since 2002
Hi CJ,

Following your story and I fully empathise with the trials and tribulations of a fellow Motorhomer supplied with a faulty vehicle. Pleased you have a dealer who will supply a new vehicle. I have not been so fortunate. I took delivery of a Roller Team Pegaso 590 on 1st September from Alan Kerr Limited in Paignton and suffered all kinds of problems. Engine management/stop start x 2/alarm lights plus other things. Base vehicle is a Fiat 9 speed automatic. RAC called out three times and workshop 4+1 times without resolution. Waiting for this vehicle since last October and bought a 70 registration plate with my initials to complete my 70th birthday retirement present. Hours and days waiting roadside and outside workshops with wife and poorly dog. 315 miles of misery to and from workshops. Reluctantly rejected the vehicle under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 but no equitable response from Fiat or Roller Team or Alan Kerr. Returned home to Staffordshire in a tiny hire car packed to the brim. Both the Pegaso and my immaculate part exchange 2015 Autocruise Alto held by Alan Kerr whilst I have no motorhome.
No settlement in sight and it has been necessary to instruct solicitors.
Hope we can all share information and keep in touch in everybody's interest.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Hi CJ,

Following your story and I fully empathise with the trials and tribulations of a fellow Motorhomer supplied with a faulty vehicle. Pleased you have a dealer who will supply a new vehicle. I have not been so fortunate. I took delivery of a Roller Team Pegaso 590 on 1st September from Alan Kerr Limited in Paignton and suffered all kinds of problems. Engine management/stop start x 2/alarm lights plus other things. Base vehicle is a Fiat 9 speed automatic. RAC called out three times and workshop 4+1 times without resolution. Waiting for this vehicle since last October and bought a 70 registration plate with my initials to complete my 70th birthday retirement present. Hours and days waiting roadside and outside workshops with wife and poorly dog. 315 miles of misery to and from workshops. Reluctantly rejected the vehicle under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 but no equitable response from Fiat or Roller Team or Alan Kerr. Returned home to Staffordshire in a tiny hire car packed to the brim. Both the Pegaso and my immaculate part exchange 2015 Autocruise Alto held by Alan Kerr whilst I have no motorhome.
I really feel for you. Thats unacceptable . Hope it all works out for you.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi CJ,

Now that's crap, Alan Kerr hasn't had the best reputation in the past, I remember one motorhomer blocking his dealership entrance with his van although that was many years ago.

Good luck with it.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Hi CJ,

Sorry to hear of your troubles its not a nice place to be and I sincerely hope you get a positive outcome like mine, you probably no that it is the Dealer that should resolve your issues and that you have only got to give them one opportunity to fix your vehicle and if that fails then the vehicle can be rejected.

We are waiting for a New Motorhome to arrive for us to view and if its what we want then the deal will be done but if not then we start again until we find what we want.
I wrote too all parties involved e.g Fiat / Dealer & Swift, the Dealer has been great and Fiat have also contacted me to advise they will be compensating us, it was a Fiat issue but Swift have not contacted us to date.

Best Regards CJ

Easom515

Free Member
Oct 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pegaso 590
Exp
Since 2002
Thank you for your comments. Interesting Fiat will compensate. Good luck with your search. A good dealer is priceless and perhaps you feel confident to share their contact to help my search for a replacement.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
UPDATE: FYI My 2020 Swift Motorhome which has sat on the Fiat Dealers forecourt since the end of August awaiting a new Low Pressure Fuel Pump has just been fixed and returned to the dealer today (Highbridge Caravans), blimey :sleep: its taken 3 and half months for Fiat to source a Fuel Pump :rolleyes:

Anyway we are still waiting for a suitable replacement which has the same set up (Island Bed) & (9 Speed Auto) we are looking at Rapidos and there has been some delays (Not Surprising) hopefully we will own a New Motorhome in the coming weeks very likely January sometime we hope.

Merry Christmas everyone :xThumb:

Rgds CJ

UnhappyCamper

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 664
I have a 2019 Fiat-based Swift MH with less than 15,000 Km currently in for the 3rd time at the Fiat-authorized service center in Christchurch NZ. Problem manifested as sudden loss of power with engine stopping and having to coast to shoulder with “Check Engine” light and warning. Must wait several minutes each time before able to restart engine. It then will drive normally for some time (5-20 Km) before repeating the sequence. The first time the vehicle was evaluated for this problem, I was told that I “must have filled up with faulty diesel” and the service technician recommended changing the diesel fuel filter (labor and parts not covered under Fiat warranty). The problem persisted, and they then recommended to change the diesel fuel pump, which was covered under the warranty). The problem recurred within 50 Km! The vehicle is currently still at the service center (for over a week now) with no solution to the problem in sight. I will provide follow up to forum members when known.

Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
I had a similar problem. Changed a few things, finally the lift pump that is in the fuel tank, not sure if that’s the same one as you’ve had done, but it appears to have resolved the problem. Have done 300 miles since the change and it is running ok, touch wood.

UnhappyCamper

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 664
Thanks for feedback re: “lift pump in diesel tank” - I will pass it on to technicians working on my vehicle now. I hope your situation remains resolved.

frank451

Free Member
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
ducato 2.3 x250 2014
Thanks for feedback re: “lift pump in diesel tank” - I will pass it on to technicians working on my vehicle now. I hope your situation remains resolved.
Hi did you resolve your issue? I have similar problems. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back