Fiat speedo issues (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
As we all know the Speedo is very difficult to read on the fiat based vehicles so I thought I would share this in case any of you didn't know about it. It's a setting in the sat nav which allows you to see this screen which can be changed from mph to kph when abroad

20191119_123549.jpg

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
As we all know the Speedo is very difficult to read on the fiat based vehicles so I thought I would share this in case any of you didn't know about it. It's a setting in the sat nav which allows you to see this screen which can be changed from mph to kph when abroad

View attachment 347034
I use mine a lot as it's so much easier to read. Although frustratingly when using it as a sat nav and you approach a roundabout it doesn't indicate which turning to take. I flick back to the map screen and revert again afterwards once clear.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
When using it as a sat nav though the speed is on the screen along with the map just a smaller version but still easier than the stupid Speedo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Any chance of pointing me in the right 'direction ' :D as to where I can find this?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
That depends on your eyesight ?? and if you are wearing sunglasses ?
I was thinking this, but I don't have an issue reading the speedo, Sunglass's would make it a little more difficult to read

Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
mine is the standard sat nav and infotainment its deffo not on mine ,so rely on the dial itself and its very, very difficult to read (taking eyes of the road for too long to be safe) and no chance wit sunglasses on

Deleted User
I had similar but asked for a software upgrade, which was free, at the last service and the panel lights are always on now. However, I also use an old smartphone with a speed app.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
But only if you have that type of radio/sat-nag.
Nowt like that on mine. :(

Richard
Yes, and at £1200 a pop (assuming it’s a Navigate Evo), that’s an expensive speedo. Fixed mine with a heads up display unit for £29.95.

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It doesn't matter what vehicle you have here as soon as you put your sun glasses on you can't see the dashboard let alone the speedo. Just a vague guess as to what is going on & if you need to know exactly a peer over top or under bottom.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I think Lanerboy head unit is a flashier version than most of us Carthago owners have been provided with (if they were lucky, ours came without the media package) ? as it was one in stock.
It looks like a Pioneer AVIC, similar to the one I have fitted now, but I am not sure mine has this function as its an Apple Play jobbie relying on the phone for Google maps and Waze etc.

So I will continue using the wife & Garmin (dont know which is worse TBH):unsure:

I did think about importing some new voices to the garmin though, like 60MPH, "Thats fine son, your doing well" then at 70MPH "whats up with you?, you got diesel money to burn, well have you?"
The the ultimate would be in the Star Trek Scotties voice at 75/80MPH "Slow doon, she breaking up captain"
What do you reckon, would it sell?
LES:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back