Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I live near Kendal and want my 3ltr Fiat Ducato engine looked at by a Fiat engine professional prefer a main agent as I may be looking at a warranty claim. Its properly a throttle body issue as its a 2007 model and I believe they had problems, engine warning light keeps coming on. I prefer somewhere that I can safely leave it with them for a few days so a secure parking area is a must, any recommendations?

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I have decided to buy a new throttle body and adaptor cable and will either fit it myself or get a mechanic to do it for me, anyone done one recently its the Fiat 3.0 ltr engine 2007 model.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I live near Kendal and want my 3ltr Fiat Ducato engine looked at by a Fiat engine professional prefer a main agent as I may be looking at a warranty claim. Its properly a throttle body issue as its a 2007 model and I believe they had problems, engine warning light keeps coming on. I prefer somewhere that I can safely leave it with them for a few days so a secure parking area is a must, any recommendations?
I live at Garstang and my nearest dealer is at Walton summit near Bamber bridge .

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We had the "throttle body" changed on our 3.0l (2010) which immediately also went faulty and was the replaced with a later modified version. @Techno had a problem and changed his and put up photos.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I did see Tecno's post and have ordered the same one he fitted just wanted to know what needs removing to get easy access to replace it and how to remove the panels etc.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Decided today to start removing the grill to see how easy it is to change the throttle body. Removed four torque screws along the top, four on the underside and two in recesses at the lower front but the grill still seems to be held tight onto a bar that runs horizontally across the grill between the badge and the number plate anyone know how to loosen it so the grill will come off?

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Since you are well outside the Fiat warranty period, I assume we are talking about the dealer warranty, in which case you'll need them involved I guess. I would think, like most dealers, they'll then want you to take it to a Fiat Professional dealer. I too am in Garstang, but as far as I'm aware your two nearest FP dealers are Preston Motor Park at Preston, and Walton Summit Trucks, just outside Preston. Walton Summit have secure parking, and a major advantage is that they work 24/7, and you can pick your vehicle up any time of the day or night. They are also extremely good at what they do.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Since you are well outside the Fiat warranty period, I assume we are talking about the dealer warranty, in which case you'll need them involved I guess. I would think, like most dealers, they'll then want you to take it to a Fiat Professional dealer. I too am in Garstang, but as far as I'm aware your two nearest FP dealers are Preston Motor Park at Preston, and Walton Summit Trucks, just outside Preston. Walton Summit have secure parking, and a major advantage is that they work 24/7, and you can pick your vehicle up any time of the day or night. They are also extremely good at what they do.
I have decided not to try to claim on the dealers warranty and have bought the new parts arriving tomorrow so just deciding on if I can fit them myself or finding someone local that will fit it for me. As I will not be claiming I do not need to use main agents

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Walton Summit Trucks does seem to look like a good option if I can not fit it myself.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I have been informed on another forum that the top section of the grill needs to be pulled up after the top bolts are released but a lot of force is needed anyone seen that done?

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I have now changed the throttle body myself and all went well, its a straightforward job once you have removed the top section of the grill. Now need to get a top engine cover to stop water getting onto the engine anyone know where to get one for a 2007 3.0ltr

Reactions: DBK

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I had the infamous non-working dashboard a couple of months out of warranty and the FIAT Pro dealer insisted in charging £80+VAT for running the diagnosis for FIAT. As the mechanic booking the van in knew what was wrong and the mechanic doing the analysis knew what was wrong before they started it was somewhat galling to have to pay this. I did complain and when FIAT agreed to replace the dashboard FOC the dealer agreed to refund the money. I would suggest that FIAT Pros are geared towards business users and charge accordingly.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We take ours to wAlton summit trucks. The fiat main dealer recommended them because fiat don't have a big enough ramp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back