Fiat service schedule (from the horses mouth) (1 Viewer)

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
WHEN SHOULD THE FIRST SERVICE BE CARRIED OUT?
Servicing must be carried out every 45,000 km (40,000 for 2.2 engines) on Euro 4 engines. Servicing must be carried out every 48,000 km on Euro 5 engines.
We do recommend however, if the annual mileage is low, that the engine oil and brake fluid are replaced every two years.
Between services, we recommend that you check the fluid levels and perform routine checks.
The effective oil and oil filter replacement interval depends on the vehicle usage conditions and is indicated by a warning light or message on the instrument panel, or in any case they must be changed every 24 months.

ARE REGULAR CHECKS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THE WARRANTY TO REMAIN VALID?
NO, it is sufficient to respect the normal service schedule. No checks are required at the end of the first year, unless the mileage at which a service is required has been reached.

WHEN DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELT/CHAIN?
The "for life" timing chain of 100 MultiJet, 160 MultiJet Power and 180 MultiJet Power engines does not need to be replaced.
120 MultiJet, 130 MultiJet and 150 MultiJet engines have a timing belt which must be checked every 90,000 km and replaced every 180,000 km on Euro 4 engines, and checked every 96,000 km and replaced every 192,000 km on Euro 5 engines.
On 115 MultiJet engines on the other hand, the belt must be checked every 48,000 km and replaced every 144,000 km.
In all cases, the belt must be replaced every 5 years.

WHEN I ENTER THE DETAILS OF MY CHASSIS ON THE CHECK PAGE, A YELLOW OR RED TRAFFIC LIGHT IS DISPLAYED: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
If the traffic light is yellow, your chassis must be submitted for a service campaign (that is, an operation to improve the vehicle, which does not affect the safety of your vehicle). If the traffic light is red, this represents a recall campaign, which requires intervention to be carried out in a workshop as soon as possible and before you make your next journey. Recall campaigns do not expire: if, for example, your motorhome is stored for the winter, you may wait until spring and then take it to a workshop before starting to travel again. Also, if you are registered with the Premium Area and you have requested the automatic check, the system, if necessary, will send you a message with the details of any campaign which concerns you.

THE DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED WITH MY NEW MOTORHOME DID NOT INCLUDE THE MANUAL FOR THE FIAT DUCATO BASE.
Click HERE and you will find all currently available documentation which can be downloaded for free, in many languages, in .pdf format.

http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/assistance/faq

Lescox1

Free Member
May 5, 2022
Leighton Buzzard, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 850pr
Exp
Hi Iv just got a 2013 Swift motorhome with a fiat pulling it, it is a 2.3 when is the service points and Cam Belt change
Thanks Les

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Pretty much how I treated my Euro 5 & 6 vans service intervals.
I change the oil and filter ever two years at about 16,000 mile's. Cambelt ever five year's.
My vans have all been incredibly reliable except for a clutch failure at 35,000 on a second hand one.
I would question changing the brake fluid without first testing the moisture content.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I had no problems at all with a 3.0 iveco engine in 6 years and 350,000 miles , at least 40% of that towing a 3.5t trailer, 7t all up , I put that down to changing the oil every 10,000 miles

There's no way I'd be leaving it for 48,000km considering oil and a filter is less than £70

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
WHEN SHOULD THE FIRST SERVICE BE CARRIED OUT?
Servicing must be carried out every 45,000 km (40,000 for 2.2 engines) on Euro 4 engines. Servicing must be carried out every 48,000 km on Euro 5 engines.
We do recommend however, if the annual mileage is low, that the engine oil and brake fluid are replaced every two years.
Between services, we recommend that you check the fluid levels and perform routine checks.
The effective oil and oil filter replacement interval depends on the vehicle usage conditions and is indicated by a warning light or message on the instrument panel, or in any case they must be changed every 24 months.

ARE REGULAR CHECKS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THE WARRANTY TO REMAIN VALID?
NO, it is sufficient to respect the normal service schedule. No checks are required at the end of the first year, unless the mileage at which a service is required has been reached.

WHEN DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELT/CHAIN?
The "for life" timing chain of 100 MultiJet, 160 MultiJet Power and 180 MultiJet Power engines does not need to be replaced.
120 MultiJet, 130 MultiJet and 150 MultiJet engines have a timing belt which must be checked every 90,000 km and replaced every 180,000 km on Euro 4 engines, and checked every 96,000 km and replaced every 192,000 km on Euro 5 engines.
On 115 MultiJet engines on the other hand, the belt must be checked every 48,000 km and replaced every 144,000 km.
In all cases, the belt must be replaced every 5 years.

WHEN I ENTER THE DETAILS OF MY CHASSIS ON THE CHECK PAGE, A YELLOW OR RED TRAFFIC LIGHT IS DISPLAYED: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
If the traffic light is yellow, your chassis must be submitted for a service campaign (that is, an operation to improve the vehicle, which does not affect the safety of your vehicle). If the traffic light is red, this represents a recall campaign, which requires intervention to be carried out in a workshop as soon as possible and before you make your next journey. Recall campaigns do not expire: if, for example, your motorhome is stored for the winter, you may wait until spring and then take it to a workshop before starting to travel again. Also, if you are registered with the Premium Area and you have requested the automatic check, the system, if necessary, will send you a message with the details of any campaign which concerns you.

THE DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED WITH MY NEW MOTORHOME DID NOT INCLUDE THE MANUAL FOR THE FIAT DUCATO BASE.
Click HERE and you will find all currently available documentation which can be downloaded for free, in many languages, in .pdf format.

http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/assistance/faq
Just curious , how much is a cambelt change roughly speaking and does anything else need to be changed at the same time ?tia

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just had my Euro 6 180 ducato cambelt changed with 4 year service and MOT last week including Alko rear axle greasing and hand brake adjustment total £1658.96.
All done by Adams Morey, Redbridge Southampton must say recieved excellent service👍😊

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Wonder why the 100 MultiJet, 160 MultiJet Power and 180 MultiJet Power engines dont not need to have their timing chain replaced

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Just had my Euro 6 180 ducato cambelt changed with 4 year service and MOT last week including Alko rear axle greasing and hand brake adjustment total £1658.96.
All done by Adams Morey, Redbridge Southampton must say recieved excellent service👍😊
Wow that’s a big bill . I do my own back axle greasing twice a year using a simple standard grease gun …easy job and saves you a few bob. I’ve had three Fiat Pro services on my vAn now and not one of them greased the back axle as standard … very poor imho.

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Wow that’s a big bill . I do my own back axle greasing twice a year using a simple standard grease gun …easy job and saves you a few bob. I’ve had three Fiat Pro services on my vAn now and not one of them greased the back axle as standard … very poor imho.
I’m guessing it’s an Alko rear axle you’re greasing? I‘m wanting to grease my rear axles on my tag van but not sure which grease I should be using. I do know you should jack the axle up to do it though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back