Fiat Service/Campaign Particulate Matter Sensor (3 Viewers)

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
I have had an email from the dealer re PMS and will be contacting local Fiat Professional when travel is allowed. Anyone else had this?

Subject: Motorhome Service Campaign FIAT 6306

Weinsberg Caracompact 600MEG PEPPER
Service Campaign FIAT 6306
Replacement particulate matter sensor.

Dear **********

Fiat have informed us that they have launched a service campaign to replace the particulate matter sensor.

On some vehicles it is necessary to replace the particulate matter sensor on order to prevent the MIL (engine malfunction) warning light from possibly turning on.

Please contact your local authorised FIAT workshop to have this service campaign carried out.
If you have any questions please contact the FIAT customer service line on 0800 34280000.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Ours in on a 70 plate. Engine warning light came on two weeks ago. Fiat Camper Assist called out the RAC.......Regeneration failed to complete.

It came on again on Saturday after about 210 miles since last time.

I’ve got it booked in at our local Fiat Dealership. Service department said they’ve had a couple with this problem, but not a lot. They’ll check if there’s a service recall on it, but I haven’t had anything from Fiat direct. (y)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the particulate filter sensors have been problems since they started using them. they changed to an updated version after about 3 years that seemed to have sorted a lot of it. looks like they changed supplier again and the old issues are back...

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you can check your chassis number for recalls on the Fiat camper website.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
you can check your chassis number for recalls on the Fiat camper website.
Yes, done all the checks and nothing listed. I even got the dealer to check and they came back with no outstanding issues. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve sent the service department a copy of the email to see what they say.(y)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Blimey, hope they’re as good with working on the van as they are at replying to my emails.

No recalls our vehicle.........my money is still on one of the sensors. ;)

OP
OP
mapman
Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
Ours in on a 70 plate. Engine warning light came on two weeks ago. Fiat Camper Assist called out the RAC.......Regeneration failed to complete.

It came on again on Saturday after about 210 miles since last time.

I’ve got it booked in at our local Fiat Dealership. Service department said they’ve had a couple with this problem, but not a lot. They’ll check if there’s a service recall on it, but I haven’t had anything from Fiat direct. (y)
We had the same back in September. Fiat camper assist called out AA and he reset it. Said I had probably failed to let it complete the regeneration process when I had arrived at the campsite the previous day. There is an orange warning light alerting you to the process I think; but so intent on getting pitch sorted didn't notice anything. I couldn't find any refence to the sevice recall either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We had the same back in September. Fiat camper assist called out AA and he reset it. Said I had probably failed to let it complete the regeneration process when I had arrived at the campsite the previous day. There is an orange warning light alerting you to the process I think; but so intent on getting pitch sorted didn't notice anything. I couldn't find any refence to the sevice recall either.

First time I was on the M42 half way home from Lincolnshire. 2nd time, 20 minutes on our way home from Lincolnshire.....but kept going (childcare bubble 400 mile round trip!).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back