May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Not sure if this has been aired on the forum or not

A vehicle recall notice has been issued for over 20,000 Sevel-built Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Relay vans.

This means motorhomes that have these as their base vehicles could also be affected by the notice.

Over 7,000 Fiat Ducato vans that were built between April 2006 and March 2010 are affected. While it is unclear how many of these 7,265 Ducatos were converted into motorhomes, those who own a Ducato-based motorhome with the vehicle identification numbers (VIN) ZFA25000001000371 to ZFA25000001789440 are advised to contact an authorised Fiat dealer for advice.

The recall is in force because of a problem with the mechanism used to raise and secure the spare wheel underneath the vehicle. In some circumstances, the spare wheel may become detached from the vehicle. However, as many motorhomes do not have spare wheels fitted as standard, it is unclear which motorhomes could be affected. Therefore, owners of motorhomes with the above VINs should contact an authorised Fiat dealer for advice.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Des had to take his motorhome in last Thursday to have his done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Had mine done last Friday, they fitted the new piece of kit in under an hour. Apparently it's a different part for alloys, 15" and 16" wheels. :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Had ours done at adams morey , took about half an hour and had a new wheel brace thingy to take the new fitting off.:thumb: and yes they asked which size wheel it was for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Had ours done at adams morey , took about half an hour and had a new wheel brace thingy to take the new fitting off.:thumb: and yes they asked which size wheel it was for.

They didn't say anything about a new wheel brace thingy, maybe they put it with the Jack under the seat, they did give me a sheet on how to use it.

Note to self must read it:ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Has mine done about a moth ago. There's a recent thread on it on Fun, I'll see if I can find it.

Not a big job and soon done, and yes there is another bit that is to be used to raise/lower the spare.

Old thread HERE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back