skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
The recall check was done on my Motorhome today, all OK. They are looking for a clip on the two lines running from the brake master cylinder. If the clip is missing or badly fitted the two lines can rub together and eventually fail.

many thanks, how close is the clip to the master cylinder?, i will check ours

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
many thanks, how close is the clip to the master cylinder?, i will check ours
Not sure, he wasn’t specific. I can see a double clip on the bulkhead a short way from the master cylinder that could be the culprit but there could be more clips further along. I think you will need to have it signed off by a Fiat Professional anyway otherwise your vehicle will forever show an unresolved recall.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Not sure, he wasn’t specific. I can see a double clip on the bulkhead a short way from the master cylinder that could be the culprit but there could be more clips further along. I think you will need to have it signed off by a Fiat Professional anyway otherwise your vehicle will forever show an unresolved recall.

we intend to do that anyway, its just im a nosey bugger and wanted to check myself as well lol

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003

Just put your reg number in all will be revealed
Perhaps not. As said earlier this recall has not reached the .gov website yet, neither had I received my official notification when I left home yesterday. I was alerted by the op starting this conversation. However it is on the Fiat system that is available to Fiat Professionals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
we intend to do that anyway, its just im a nosey bugger and wanted to check myself as well lol
Yes I tend to be the same. If you have not got a clip on the bulkhead close to the master cylinder then a) you might have a problem and b) it would suggest this clip is the culprit. Please let us other nosey buggers know when you have had a look.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Yes I tend to be the same. If you have not got a clip on the bulkhead close to the master cylinder then a) you might have a problem and b) it would suggest this clip is the culprit. Please let us other nosey buggers know when you have had a look.

will do, it will be tuesday nite tho im afraid

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
just had the recall letter today, does anyone know where this clip is, a piccy would be great lol!

Jun 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS Eurostyle
Exp
since 2019
my recall notice came today , states 0.5 hr job ,but if they find an issue 2.6 hrs to replace pipes . -letter looks very important - seems urgent !! on a feb 19 reg.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
my recall notice came today , states 0.5 hr job ,but if they find an issue 2.6 hrs to replace pipes . -letter looks very important - seems urgent !! on a feb 19 reg.
I don’t think they can be treating it as that urgent if you only got your recall letter today. The matter goes back at least as far as September 2019.

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
This is what the recall is for
When you open the bonnet its back left of centre (see pics) and there should be a clip holding the two pipes in place.

In my case it should be further to the right and the mechanic has cable tied it so it doesn't rub as i am away next week at Knaresborough and york and i've booked it in for March 12th to carry out the work.

He told me had checked lots and mine was the 1st one he found faulty :( and this seems to be the case after checking on other forums, if you have had the letter i would get it booked in asap as it is the brake pipes that's the concern.

Re Pics.. Arrow points to suspect clip that's now got a cable tie on it, and circle is around damage from chafing against Exhaust.

Attachments

• Brake Pipe pic.jpg
    Brake Pipe pic.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 71
  • Brake Pipe.jpg
    Brake Pipe.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
If you've received the recall letter have a look at the pics in my earlier post and give it the once over to make sure its not chafing against anything before you travel.
It'll take you five mins and it's Better to be safe than sorry

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
had ours checked monday, cost me a day off work grrrr, anyway all good
the clips as others have said are the ones on the bulkhead, i will try to take som epics when i get chance
apparently some clips are defective, or rather can be, and some on the right hand side, can unclip themselves.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Just had ours checked- all ok. According to the Fiat man 98% of vans have no issues.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Just had ours checked- all ok. According to the Fiat man 98% of vans have no issues.

i asked the fiat bod and he said he hasnt seen one duff yet either?..................

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Does this recall seem a bit pointless if everything is ok? There is obviously a problem with the clips on some models which means there must be a quality issue. The might look fine on the day of inspection and fail the next day. Sounds like a replacement would have been a better solution. I'll be keeping an eye on mine in future.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
The guy who checked mine said on some of the vans the clips were missing. Don't think the clips have been failing.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I guess it doesn’t matter that most vans are ok. The clips have been missed on some vans and they will need to check them all to find out which ones are potentially dangerous.
Does this recall seem a bit pointless if everything is ok? There is obviously a problem with the clips on some models which means there must be a quality issue. The might look fine on the day of inspection and fail the next day. Sounds like a replacement would have been a better solution. I'll be keeping an eye on mine in future.
I don’t think it is that the clips are failing, they were missed out during assembly and the missed ones need to be found.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
The bumpf that came with my recall letter suggested that the vehicle had to go to a Fiat Professional dealer, but I’ve since discovered that you can take it to any Fiat dealership which saved me a load of hassle.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
The bumpf that came with my recall letter suggested that the vehicle had to go to a Fiat Professional dealer, but I’ve since discovered that you can take it to any Fiat dealership which saved me a load of hassle.
Mine came through a week a go , off too Vospers at Truro , 3 mile estate this afternoon to get it checked out said they need it for possibly 3 hours , we'll see

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
Mine came through a week a go , off too Vospers at Truro , 3 mile estate this afternoon to get it checked out said they need it for possibly 3 hours , we'll see
That would be my first choice but I need a ‘tightness check’ to preserve 10yr warranty so tie it in with Weinsberg dealer in Weston-super-mare + stopover at Uphill Marina. Wouldn’t go to St Austell, not enough room to swing a cat let alone MH parking!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Drove
That would be my first choice but I need a ‘tightness check’ to preserve 10yr warranty so tie it in with Weinsberg dealer in Weston-super-mare + stopover at Uphill Marina. Wouldn’t go to St Austell, not enough room to swing a cat let alone MH parking!
One hour drive to Truro , 5 mins to park at Vospers , 10 min wait for staff to write job sheet , 5 mins to check ( no problem) , another 10 mins to get vehicle back out of there yard , 1 hour drive home , what a waste of 2 & half hours , but it had to be done

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back