Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just picked ours up after nearly two weeks. The following work was done:

Replaced EGR valve.
Replaced EGR pipe.
Replaced braking sensor on throttle. This apparently chops all power from the engine the moment you hit the brake.
Applied a 'major' update to the EMS.

All free and approved by Fiat Camper Assistance.

Drove about 20 miles home and it's much better successfully climbing a couple of hills on the A12 at 60 in top. The throttle pedal still needs to be moved much further to bring on the power than the one in our 10-year-old X250. I suspect that's to do with the profile that the pedal is now set to. The old van produced full power at about 50% of pedal movement whereas this needs nearer 90% of the travel. It's very noticeable to me as I have a fused ankle and now physically have to move the leg where before the limited movement in the lower foot was sufficient to move the pedal the required distance.

Too early to speak for fuel consumption.

Hopefully this helps others.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Just picked ours up after nearly two weeks. The following work was done:

Replaced EGR valve.
Replaced EGR pipe.
Replaced braking sensor on throttle. This apparently chops all power from the engine the moment you hit the brake.
Applied a 'major' update to the EMS.

All free and approved by Fiat Camper Assistance.

Drove about 20 miles home and it's much better successfully climbing a couple of hills on the A12 at 60 in top. The throttle pedal still needs to be moved much further to bring on the power than the one in our 10-year-old X250. I suspect that's to do with the profile that the pedal is now set to. The old van produced full power at about 50% of pedal movement whereas this needs nearer 90% of the travel. It's very noticeable to me as I have a fused ankle and now physically have to move the leg where before the limited movement in the lower foot was sufficient to move the pedal the required distance.

Too early to speak for fuel consumption.

Hopefully this helps others.

what model and year is your van?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It's a Multijet 130/2 manual. 2017 registered but the chassis unit came off the production line in October 2016.
Where do I find info about when chassis was built please?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We have documents that came with the Mh. Fiat Camper Assistance also confirmed when I gave them the VIN.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Had ours done last week, delayed by a couple of days due to damaged parts being delivered but then ready by midday, ours is an a class as well so access harder.

Difficult to say, but the engine seems to pull better, still no sports car, but able to hold 55-60mph on cruise most of the time, only requiring a down change on steep hills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had mine checked today all OK.
Asked about software updates they said they only required if you get a letter from Fiat. My van should be on the Fiat system now took my V5 with me to get them to put it on the system.

Mine is a 150hp with Comformatic performance is OK but does not appear to be as good as my last van which was a 150 with Comfotmatic Euro 5+. The Euro 6 doesn't pull up hills as well due to it staying in too higher gear, its a bit better if you use the up button.
It was very slugish she we first got the van, it has loosened up quite a bit so hopefully when I get more miles on it things will improve, only done 3,500 miles in the 6 months we have had it.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Well since the recall being done our 150 Comfortmatic has vastly improved performance and the reported fuel consumption that as I said in a previous post has gone up from a average 42 mpg to 58.4 mpg most of the travelling done at 70mph!
I have contacted the Professional dealer who did the mod, they reckon they only fitted a bracket, but I have booked it in for them to investigate, still if there is no problem with only 2500 miles on the clock since we got it in August the mpg can only get better once it's got more miles on it

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Well since the recall being done our 150 Comfortmatic has vastly improved performance and the reported fuel consumption that as I said in a previous post has gone up from a average 42 mpg to 58.4 mpg most of the travelling done at 70mph!

Wow, 58.4mpg!

May I ask if that's the reading from the onboard computer or is that you calculating the actual miles travelled against fuel spent.

You are getting more than twice as many MPGs than most motorhomers hence the reason why I am so intrigued.

Cheers,

Andrew

EDIT: If I were to do 70mph then I would be hitting the low 20mpg-mark with a new 150 BHP manual.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Wow, 58.4mpg!

May I ask if that's the reading from the onboard computer or is that you calculating the actual miles travelled against fuel spent.

You are getting more than twice as many MPGs than most motorhomers hence the reason why I am so intrigued.

Cheers,

Andrew

EDIT: If I were to do 70mph then I would be hitting the low 20mpg-mark with a new 150 BHP manual.

Its what the average fuel consumption gauge is reading in both A and B modes, not in the instantaneous mode, before the recall I was getting a reported 25.7 mpg which was consistent with the 25.9 mpg we got out of our previous Euro 5+ motorhome over around a 1000 miles of mixed motoring, Its obviously incorrect and something has not been fitted correctly since recall the increase in overall performance is quite staggering more like driving a car then a motorhome I will see what they find on the 9th of Dec.
PS I topped of the fuel after the weekend run and the actual figure was just over 21 mpg

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I tend to use the "A" average as for the full tank, and the "B" for daily average, I flicked back to "A" the other day, and noticed it was reading about 42mpg, but seemed to fluctuate almost as if it was a delayed instant reading, next time I use it, I will check it again, when I checked it against use, it was no different to previously.

Oct 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadcruiser PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Re fuel consumption - I had the same thing with our 2013 150bhp Fiat recently. It was showing anything up to 99.9 mpg in average mode, and changing every few seconds. Fiat dealer was baffled, and it seems to have resolved itself magically after another 3000 mile trip to Italy recently. Maybe visiting its home country settled it down :D

On the EGR front - I had to get some gear selector part replaced in the summer, as the comfortmatic box would only get neutral! At the same time, the dealer pointed out that the EGR valve was blowing and sending hot air and crap over the engine wiring loom and clutch fluid pipe! Apparently the EGR valves fall apart due to vibration - a weld inside the valve cracks and can't be repaired. Replaced at nearly £700 :mad::mad:

So, the problem evidently exists on the X250 as well as the newer X290, but poxy Fiat haven't done a recall for it. Worth checking yours though anyway, as potential damage is a lot more expensive than the expensive EGR valve!

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Took our new (1st September 2017) Globestar 640 DK 150 bhp into Camper UK for recall and, after inspection, no work was required.

With regard to MPG, our last 2 Globecars, (Familyscout L's), both on 130 bhp, achieved an overall average of 32.8 mpg. This was measured over the entire period we owned them by actual fuel consumption calculated against mileage on each fill. Never look at computer figures, a complete waste of time.

Our new Globestar has been filled 3 times so far. First fill achieved 28.8 mpg and second fill the same. Third fill, taking 75 litres, showed 29.5 mpg, so, hopefully, improving.

We do have the old water ingress problem into the engine bay via the windscreen scuttle, despite the face lifted cab and Fiat assurances that the problem had been cured with the new design. Van going in shortly to be dealt with.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The Speedy MH is now at the local Fiat Professional workshop for the EGR pipe fix recall. Hopefully it will be completed today so I can get it back before close of play.

They told me that Fiat had altered the set of parts required for the fix 3 times in the past 10 days. You might infer from this little bit of information that later EGR pipe modifications could be different from earlier ones.

Third time lucky, Mr Fiat?:rolleyes:

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
1C536709-B5E1-46FA-9DB7-B3FA9D37CCC3.jpeg
1FE87C9A-E57D-42FE-8F2A-2A1FC83384F2.jpeg
While swanning about in Spain,I missed this post, fortunately I saw on benimar forum about a possible recall. Still in Spain and got it booked in at a fiat services in Altea on the 13th, I’m hoping all’s well as I’ve got to start making my way back to Calais.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
My 2017 Vantage Med 130bhp is now back from Fiat Professional following the recall. Apparently there are three variants in the Fiat build which means it can take between 2 and 5 hours to complete the EGR work. It seems the dealer cannot be sure exactly how long the work will take and which parts are required until he has the vehicle in the workshop. My vehicle also had a EMC update, principally relating to emissions. I have now done over 200 miles since the work and the engine seems to operate smoother, with no loss of power or torque (possibly a wider torque range??). The fuel consumption seems better according to the computer. All good news so far!

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
They haven't got the right parts. They say the parts mine needs will not be available from Fiat Italy until 14 December. I am losing confidence that this fix will be carried out before Christmas. :(

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
More than happy to say that according to fiatcamper.com VIN check, mine isn't part of any recall or campaign ...
... but not too happy with my mpg

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Mine was in for 2days. I did feel better acceleration after the soft ware update. Can’t comment on computer fuel consumption as I didn’t look!

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Ny van was fixed a few weeks ago but i got a formal Recall Notification in the post today - it looks like it has been escalated to a full formal VOSA recall, here is the link to the VOSA recall page, with affected chassis no.

chassis no 02A59559 to 02F21177
a total of 1336 vehicles affected

John65

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2000
Crikey can see why Fiats don't get nicked the poor thieves would spend all their time in a Fiat workshop! How would they ever make a living?:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl: (PS worried Transit owner)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Ny van was fixed a few weeks ago but i got a formal Recall Notification in the post today - it looks like it has been escalated to a full formal VOSA recall, here is the link to the VOSA recall page, with affected chassis no.

chassis no 02A59559 to 02F21177
a total of 1336 vehicles affected
I expect like mine your van wasn't on the system until you took it in for the recall, now at least it is on the system and you will be able to use Fiat Camper Assist if needed.

Reactions: f6c

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I expect like mine your van wasn't on the system until you took it in for the recall, now at least it is on the system and you will be able to use Fiat Camper Assist if needed.
actually, It was Fiat UK who phoned me in October to tell me the van was subject to the recall after my van was in to get some work done on it, which started off the Recall thread on MHF in October Euro6 Fiat Ducato 'quality enhancement' notification

I had occasion to take my van to the dealer in the UK just after I imported it in January this year, and they were really efficient in registering it with fiat UK as a personal import.
They said they had a lot of MH (even proper UK supplied dealer vans) that they saw had not been registered properly with Fiat so stuff like warranty and recall notices wouldn't be effective until the van was properly registered with Fiat and as a result, my van has worked with the app since February this year.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Phoned Fiat in Italy re callback,excellent service. All they wanted to know was the regnumber and vin number. My 17 model is ok.

Colyboy

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
actually, It was Fiat UK who phoned me in October to tell me the van was subject to the recall after my van was in to get some work done on it, which started off the Recall thread on MHF in October Euro6 Fiat Ducato 'quality enhancement' notification

I had occasion to take my van to the dealer in the UK just after I imported it in January this year, and they were really efficient in registering it with fiat UK as a personal import.
They said they had a lot of MH (even proper UK supplied dealer vans) that they saw had not been registered properly with Fiat so stuff like warranty and recall notices wouldn't be effective until the van was properly registered with Fiat and as a result, my van has worked with the app since February this year.
I took my V5 into the local Fiat commercial dealer and asked them to register it on the system but they are pretty useless and I don't reckon they did it.
I got notification of the recall on the app via the VIN number took it to a much better dealer 30 miles away and asked them make sure it was on the system, looks like it is now.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Now waiting patiently at fiat workshop in Altea, The fiat website is down so they can’t do anything until the site is up and running.

Mickey

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Funsters,

Did you find that the Fiat Camper App was in-synch with the recall notice, i.e. your app was showing a red warning and not green when the postman arrived.

All the best,

Andrew

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Just received a letter about this. Just great at this time of year and NO registered FIAT dealers around the Edinburgh area:xsad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back