Fiat Recall - added complication! (1 Viewer)

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Hi, like many others our van has been caught up in the EGR recall. We seem to have faired reasonably well, went into our local Fiat Professional dealer (Broxburn) just before Xmas to be assessed, pipe was assessed as burst (!) , needed the full 3 part replacement treatment, and we were advised not to drive it in case of consequential damage. So left with them over festive period, parts arrived this week, so roughly 3 weeks wait.
Complication though was to replace EGR cooler (?) they had to lower the front sub frame and our E&P levellers were in the way, advised that removing and refitting them wouldn’t be covered by Fiat and I would need to pay the labour charge. Anyway job all done, service manager on reflection decided not to charge me anything, good experience for the mechanic! Actually, I think just being friendly and reasonably did the trick!
So, if you have levellers, watch out if affected by the recall!
Bill

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Nice one.

Obviously a dealer to use again.

Our new PVC arrived with alloy wheels but no locking wheel nuts. Our local dealer, Glenside Commercials, Caerphilly, ordered proper FIAT ones using the vehicle VIN.

I collected them only to find they were the wrong diameter. Having checked that they had ordered the “correct” part number they then ordered the alternative one which arrived the next day. When I went back to collect them they apologised, (although I don’t believe it was their fault), and threw in a Winter Kit, de-icer, scraper, winter windscreen wash and a beanie hat in recompense for the inconvenience. Good service, although FIAT’s part list needs revision.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Used Philips Broxburn a couple of times and happy with their service.
They do seem to prefer if vehicle can be left and fitted in around their main commercial work though.
As we are a bit of a distance away it has suited us ok to leave and collect later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I use AM Philip of Broxburn as well and would recommend them. OK, you are paying dealer rates but I can't fault their attitude and service. Alan the service manager is excellent and I believe they will 'go in to bat' for you with Fiat, if you have issues out side of your warranty provided you have the vehicle serviced with them.

Replaced a duff console at short notice for us so well pleased with them.

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Agreed, it was Alan that I dealt with, really helpful, told me he would work out a great price for my first service! Also they topped up my oil for no charge too, small thing but most places would charge you.
Bill

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Nice one.

Obviously a dealer to use again.

Our new PVC arrived with alloy wheels but no locking wheel nuts. Our local dealer, Glenside Commercials, Caerphilly, ordered proper FIAT ones using the vehicle VIN.

I collected them only to find they were the wrong diameter. Having checked that they had ordered the “correct” part number they then ordered the alternative one which arrived the next day. When I went back to collect them they apologised, (although I don’t believe it was their fault), and threw in a Winter Kit, de-icer, scraper, winter windscreen wash and a beanie hat in recompense for the inconvenience. Good service, although FIAT’s part list needs revision.

I had exactly the same issue when the dealer quoted the Vin number for ordering the wheel locks they supplied M16 instead of M14 threads . I can only think it is the fitting of 16 inch wheel to the lightweight chassis that had confused the issue .

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
So all Fiat vans that are supplied today will have had all these issues already as sorted?

Only if they are built after the issues are discovered and altered in the production stages .

What I did was when my vehicle was at the dealers I asked the dealer to check if it needed a recall before collection . Which it cleared the pipe recall but then a few weeks after collection it needed the recall for the clip which is ten minutes .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
So all Fiat vans that are supplied today will have had all these issues already as sorted?
i wouldn’t be confident in saying yes.
it depends how long the base vehicle has been sitting in the Convertors yard before building the MH element and a after completion of the van prior to sale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back