FIAT/PEUGEOT SLIDING MIDWAY DOOR STOP ( A/T V LINE SPORT ) (1 Viewer)

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Hi, Has anyone managed to stop the sliding door on a Peugeot/Fiat panel van conversion in the midway position, I have read several threads relating to this on this and another forum, ranging from sticking a cork in the appropriate place.using velcro tape plus a few other suggestions, but I would like to do something a bit more permanent if poss. I have made an aluminium wedge similar to the one used at the end of the doors travel and this works fine in stopping the door from travelling forward but even with a second fitted about 20mm apart but in the opposite direction the part that is retracted by the door handle just rides over the top. I have seen on amazon a part available by EuroCarry advertised as a door stopper for Ducato from 2006 this would be an easy enough part to make however I can't see that it would be in any way different to the part that I have already made ie ... would only stop the door from sliding forward and not stop the door from sliding back. It is important for me to be able to have the option of stopping the door midway as well as allowing the door to be fully open.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Regards Deck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back