FIAT N/S Wheel Bearing Noisy (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Took the 'van' to Thames Fiat monday for a faulty temp gauge - Warranty work and a noisy wheel bearing. Got a call saying the bearing was not covered under warranty and it would cost £230. Called Fiat customer Service, logged a call and just had a return call from them. They will pay for the bearing etc and all I need to pay is £110.92p. Now a happy bunny for once.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Good result there Dave, were they considerate with your clutch problem??

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi bri

Yes, they refunded me the cost of the repair and said they would give me 10% off of my next service and MOT. Shame my mate does the serviceing for a fraction ogf what they would charge. However, its the thought that counts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
seems to be a bit of theme with the 656 and wheel bearing then.

I had mine replaced o/s one as well after only 25k. Didn't think to run it by FIAT though, just went out and brought one and fitted it.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Yes, they refunded me the cost of the repair and said they would give me 10% off of my next service and MOT

Glad to hear that they did the decent thing :thumb: puts a few bob back in your pocket for the next trip away.:winky:

Hope that both Ed and yourself are well, we keep a look out :whatthe:for you when passing through your neck of the woods, no sightings as yet though.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Regards

Brian & Pam

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are off to Peterborough in the van this weekend, so it had to be done. Just had a call to say its ready to be picked up. The temp gauge fault was done FOC under the warranty seing as the fault was a second appearance. Better to pay £100.92 than the original £380 they first quoted for both jobs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
we had a new thermostat fitted under warantee last month .the old one was bent and to long .fiat engineering .:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back