FIAT N/S Wheel Bearing Noisy

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by 656, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 656

Ratings:
    +291
    Took the 'van' to Thames Fiat monday for a faulty temp gauge - Warranty work and a noisy wheel bearing. Got a call saying the bearing was not covered under warranty and it would cost £230. Called Fiat customer Service, logged a call and just had a return call from them. They will pay for the bearing etc and all I need to pay is £110.92p. Now a happy bunny for once.

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,166
    Good result there Dave, were they considerate with your clutch problem??

3. 656

Ratings:
    +291
    Hi bri

Yes, they refunded me the cost of the repair and said they would give me 10% off of my next service and MOT. Shame my mate does the serviceing for a fraction ogf what they would charge. However, its the thought that counts.

4. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,009
    seems to be a bit of theme with the 656 and wheel bearing then.

I had mine replaced o/s one as well after only 25k. Didn't think to run it by FIAT though, just went out and brought one and fitted it.

5. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,166
    Yes, they refunded me the cost of the repair and said they would give me 10% off of my next service and MOT

Glad to hear that they did the decent thing :thumb: puts a few bob back in your pocket for the next trip away.:winky:

Hope that both Ed and yourself are well, we keep a look out :whatthe:for you when passing through your neck of the woods, no sightings as yet though.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Regards

Brian & Pam

6. 656

Ratings:
    +291
    We are off to Peterborough in the van this weekend, so it had to be done. Just had a call to say its ready to be picked up. The temp gauge fault was done FOC under the warranty seing as the fault was a second appearance. Better to pay £100.92 than the original £380 they first quoted for both jobs.

7. dshague

dshague

Ratings:
    +246
    we had a new thermostat fitted under warantee last month .the old one was bent and to long .fiat engineering .:Doh: