Fiat Injection System Failure warning light (2 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
I have a Ducato 2.3 2014 20,000 miles on clock injection system failure light is on no power loss any hints, my local Fiat Professional garage is not up and running at present ( Guildford Surrey )

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it "could" be down to the known fault with the injector wiring harness being too short straining the plugs

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Could be the throttle body. I had this last year, experienced a flat spot about 2200 - 2400 revs. The light would go out after a few days driving but always came back. New type throttle body cured the problem.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I have a Ducato 2.3 2014 20,000 miles on clock injection system failure light is on no power loss any hints, my local Fiat Professional garage is not up and running at present ( Guildford Surrey )

If I may..We too have a 2.3 Ducato but on the 16 plate. It too had issues with not only the fuel injection lamp pop up..but also a error message stating a complete electrical failure. Return to dealer for repairs.At no time did it go into limp mode or...electrically shut down?
No word of a lie..after 3 and i mean 3 .. replacement lambda sensors . It was found that the wiring harness was actually damaged from new at the fuse box to the ECU! The sensor was showing a code when put on the box of tricks that they use. On 3 separate occasions it read as if the fault was actually with the fuel pump itself though! It took 6 weeks and Italy Fiat to come across to Stafford and diagnose the fault being with a Crimp on connector at the fuse box!

We were just glad that it was warranted ! The bill was ridiculous!
Hopefully..Yours will be something equally as simple and diagnosed earlier than ours was!

Regards Kev

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Anyone here can guess less accurately than you can, they haven't seen the van!
Just get the codes read. You could put a new tank of diesel in it and give it a thrash down the motorway, it may clear the fault. But its best knowing what caused the light to come on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lawrence
Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
thanks all tried the filling with some new diesel and done the motorway thing will keep trying a few things while waiting for dealer to start operations again!

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Could be the throttle body. I had this last year, experienced a flat spot about 2200 - 2400 revs. The light would go out after a few days driving but always came back. New type throttle body cured the problem.
me too although I wasn't experiencing any noticeable problems , my garage said it was only a matter of time so got it done.
apparently another "common problem"

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Cranky, the flat spot was barely noticeable, only when accelerating moderately in third or fourth. Once the throttle body was renewed the engine ran better, impossible now to produce black smoke when flooring it up a steep hill.

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Assuming you are referring to the engine management light.

A different engine on my 2012 FIAT 3LTR, but a similar problem, and the solution (according to my local FIAT dealer at Kirkcaldy) was something I have never found in any forums although you would think it would be. But just in case this is useful to some one with the same engine, see below.

The engine management light came on our first trip (8500 on clock). There was no loss of power or anything. It would go off by itself after maybe 2000 miles or so and then come on again for no apparent reason and stay like that for another few hundred miles. I got a hunch it was certain fuel stations as it seemed to come on after filling up. Probably just my overly analytical mind.:(
I gave it to my local garage but he came up with nothing other than a lambda sensor error, but he dismissed it as a gremlin.:unsure:

Anyways,
5000 miles or so later with my MOT coming up, and the rules about warning lights having changed, I had to do something and took it to FIAT.
The main reason they say was down to a known software bug that FIAT was meant to have sent a recall for. I obviously missed this as I was not the owner at that time.
The other fault code, again was the lambda sensor. They noticed that the connectors were a bit corroded so they cleaned it up.
120 Scottish pounds and 1500 miles later, and the light has never returned. Sorted! ….I hope.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It was a standard extra on the one I had, not standard on the Vauxhall Griffin though.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Whenever a Rogue "light" appears on any modern vehicle with Canbus. The best first DIY task is to find as many Earth's as possible and clean and remake them. Eliminating that factor is IMV essential, as the tiny currents and voltages in wiring on the digitised systems are adversely affected by poor conductivity.

Eg: A recent issue on my Desktop computer was resolved by removing and reseating all the cards and memory on the mother boards, just dirty contacts, and working them did the trick!.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Cranky, the flat spot was barely noticeable, only when accelerating moderately in third or fourth. Once the throttle body was renewed the engine ran better, impossible now to produce black smoke when flooring it up a steep hill.
much the same with mine, in fact I hadn't noticed the fact that there was a flat spot until the wasn't one, if that makes sense:)

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
Get something like

Read your code and then google it. Gives you a starting point when the Check Engine Light comes on.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
thanks all tried the filling with some new diesel and done the motorway thing will keep trying a few things while waiting for dealer to start operations again!
Hi @Lawrence,living in Camberley, Surrey, We are are having the same problem in finding a Fiat professional garage to have a look at our brakes.
The Crawley Fiat dealers we have used to carry out a recall is not taking motorhomes, as their Fiat engineer has left, and they say they may have problems getting our size van in their workshop.
The other fiat service company F G Barnes in Guildford is a scruffy place, mainly servicing trucks etc, well they wont even answer my e-mail requests for a service booking.
Hope you get better luck than we are in finding a place locally,and get your fault fixed efficiently, let me know when you do please.
Les

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
H @TinaL
A BIG Fiat/Iveco dealer who i have reccomended in the past did a job for me,rang them to fix a date and and was told they were busy,but could "Farm" it out (SSSHHHHHHHHHHHush). Went to a garage i had often passed. Some would call it "In need of updating and some rendering of the brickwork:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:" and what a surprise,so much so,if i need anymore jobs doing...They get them. Just an observation
Tea Bag

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
H @TinaL
A BIG Fiat/Iveco dealer who i have reccomended in the past did a job for me,rang them to fix a date and and was told they were busy,but could "Farm" it out (SSSHHHHHHHHHHHush). Went to a garage i had often passed. Some would call it "In need of updating and some rendering of the brickwork:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:" and what a surprise,so much so,if i need anymore jobs doing...They get them. Just an observation
Tea Bag
Interesting @Tea Bag
They were not by any chance here in Surrey UK, were they?, as finding one nearby us is a rare as the proverbial Rocking horse SH##
Thanks
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back