FIAT.....getting a little bit fed up. (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
@magicsurfbus, I note you are in the North West. Are you dealing with Trafford Van Centre by any chance? We got a phone call on Wednesday and booked in for 22 March, just a week before we go away! Our first visit to have it checked was on 27 December.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
@magicsurfbus, I note you are in the North West. Are you dealing with Trafford Van Centre by any chance? We got a phone call on Wednesday and booked in for 22 March, just a week before we go away! Our first visit to have it checked was on 27 December.

Yes we are - thanks for the heads up. They're obviously getting round to the December ones so I live in hope. :)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Yes we are - thanks for the heads up. They're obviously getting round to the December ones so I live in hope. :)
I have been continually chasing them up. I last spoke to Dave on Monday because he reckoned the second replacement EGR pipes were due in last Thur/Fri, but on Monday he still had no ETA. He knew we were going away on 29th March and said he would do everything he could. As I said, he rang me on Wednesday and said they could do it on Monday 19th, but Thursday 22nd was better for us as I don't work Thurs/Fri. Give them a ring and ask about yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Give them a ring and ask about yours.

We agreed he'd tell me by a certain date if they couldn't do it on time, so I could rearrange the ferry. Their service department isn't that easy to get hold of by phone, although he's helpful when you do. I've got a bit more time before I need to start chasing.

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
We agreed he'd tell me by a certain date if they couldn't do it on time, so I could rearrange the ferry. Their service department isn't that easy to get hold of by phone, although he's helpful when you do. I've got a bit more time before I need to start chasing.
I've never had any trouble getting them on the phone and, yes, Dave is lovely, although a bit of an old woman, even admits that himself :D.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I dont think I used any derrogative or personal comments in any of my posts,

"May he be shamed who thinks badly of it :groan:
To quote your signature:doh:
ps See Mine

Correct, you didn't think. Can't hide behind the "unsaid" when the inference is as clear as day :rolleyes: :doh::doh::doh: Signature remains without compromise and that is as clear as day also. ROI Eng.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I have a Fiat Ducato, 12 months old and done 3600 miles, anyone know of recalls that are in date now for this MH

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a Fiat Ducato, 12 months old and done 3600 miles, anyone know of recalls that are in date now for this MH
Download the "Fiat Camper Car" app, put your VIN number in and it ill tell you.
There will probably be 2, one to check & replace if neccessary the EGR pipe & one to replace the clip on the intercooler hose.
My van is a year old (what your call a year old depends on when the chassis was built) , EGR pipe was OK & the clip has been replaced.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Correct, you didn't think. Can't hide behind the "unsaid" when the inference is as clear as day :rolleyes: :doh::doh::doh: Signature remains without compromise and that is as clear as day also. ROI Eng.
Your cruel personal comments are wasted
They can only offend if your opinion was of interest, it's not, I wonder what iv'e unsaid now:notworthy2:

OP
OP
Camper634
Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
The only think I know about NE van and truck. Is that when I had the R-V and being American sourcing parts was not that easy. NE V&T, the young guy in their parts dept, went through almost every Bin they had to find me a compatible Windscreen wiper, so I could get an MOT!.

P.S. Pete, Black and White. SWMBO, Red and White. Fun, Fun ,Fun on Derby day!.

SWMBO is obviously the brains of the family RRTR

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Has anyone noticed a recurring pattern here
BUY NEW at your peril
Why do people pay thousands of £££s to be test pilots for the Motor Industry
Experience in the trade repairing all makes, tells me, never buy newer than 3 years old then someone else has had the grief and expense
How many times have you heard
Its only 2 years old done xxxx miles, it cost me hundreds and hundreds of pounds
Got it fixed and sold it :doh:

Thank You Ta very much iv'e had thousands of happy miles at others expense :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Have I never had trouble Yes course I have I've had wipers spit brakes and tyres wear out, even a battery or two go up the swanny:doh:
There's another compelling reason: I've just bought a 4 year-old van that's done 3500 miles with depreciation over that period of £40K.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
THANK YOU FIAT!!

I took my MH in to mscars Fiat agency in Faro on Thursday to have a long standing and intermittent starting problem sorted out under warranty.

They confirmed the suspicion that it was the starter motor at fault! Mid afternoon ordered a new starter. It arrived the next day (yesterday morning) and they fitted it yesterday afternoon - no quibbles whatsoever and were very obliging and helpful!! All free of charge of course :)

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
I've never had any trouble getting them on the phone and, yes, Dave is lovely, although a bit of an old woman, even admits that himself :D.
Could not agree more. Also Chris, the techie who carried out the work. Nice guys. Mike

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Doesn't always work that way traded my last van at 3 years old for 4k less than I paid for it.
I was 5k over 3 years, so agree. Great if you can get the bargain but as you say, doesn't always work out that way.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
ALL motorhomes are "money pits". In to which we throw large sums of "hard earned".:(

BUT, I Still prefer it to Hotels, B&B and Cruising,(y) (Which we used to refer to as "Cattle Boats"), Some of the stories we could tell about Cruise Ships, are not fit for polite society!.:D2

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Some of the stories we could tell about Cruise Ships, are not fit for polite society!.:D2

Don’t hold back - go for it!! - Maybe start a new thread? :)

SKI Mobile

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
Thanks for all the above comments.It has made me feel a lot better now.I think the advice about the dealer is spot on.Should be picking up the van today,although they did promise it yesterday,and didn’t even have the courtesy to ring and tell me,again,as they had promised.My other local dealer is NE van and truck who seem to deal mainly with bigger commercial vehicles,so it looks as though I will be contacting them in the future.I was getting a bit paranoid about the Fiat,so thanks for making me see reason.
We’ve been waiting almost 10 weeks now for NE Truck & Van to source the parts to do our recall. Not their fault but they can’t even tell us whether we will be sorted by the end of the month. Talk about planning blight - this is so frustrating! They have advised us not to drive it unless absolutely necessary. Think it will soon become ‘absolutely necessary’ to drive it to a dealer and part ex it for something we can actually use and not just look at!

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Download the "Fiat Camper Car" app, put your VIN number in and it ill tell you.
There will probably be 2, one to check & replace if neccessary the EGR pipe & one to replace the clip on the intercooler hose.
My van is a year old (what your call a year old depends on when the chassis was built) , EGR pipe was OK & the clip has been replaced.

Many thanks Len, will do

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
How hard can it be to get the intercooler hose clip? My Fiat Professional Dealer said they would order one from Fiat and contact me ... that was on 19 March ...

... waiting ... still waiting ... I thought it was only a big jubilee clip, but what do I know ... :(

I reckon I need to buy a big jubilee clip just in case the hose falls off, while the waiting goes on and on and on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back