michndan

Free Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nuneatone
Funster No
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
I have a 3.0l 2008 Hymer A class on a Fiat chassis. I have just looked underneath and seen the driveshaft seal is leaking oil. So does anyone know or have a link to how much oil it holds and type I have some Tutelia in the garage. Also do I go and change the seal next weekend or wait till I have been on my 3 week summer holidays round France and Spain opinions? Think I will change the oil no matter what so I know it has the right amount in. Also has anyone done this seal replacement?
This could have been leaking for a while, none on the floor just splatter.

Attachments

• IMG_4250.JPG
    IMG_4250.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 35
Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
Just get it done now and have peace of mind, the leak can only get worse and the possibility of a gearbox problem later on isn't worth the risk.
I haven't done a diff seal on one of these but it's normally a very straightforward job.
You'll need to order the seal and possibly a new locknut for the CV joint from a Fiat dealer. The capacity and type of oil can be found via tha Castrol online application guide (the gear oil filler and level plug is in your photo)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I think Spanner has it right. If you leave it, apart from the cost of potential damage, you will be listening out and looking for oil drips every day, instead of relaxing and enjoying your holiday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back