Fiat first service (or not) (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Took our 17/09/2019 Burstner Fiat 2.3 150 comformatic at 10378 miles in for its first service and a couple of warranty niggles (the dreaded low oil level and low oil pressure warning light failed) today. I had asked for the light service as the van has been sorned since the end of December 2020. Just taxed it today to take it to the Fiat approved workshop.

On collecting it I am totally confused, went to pay the bill told it was just a couple of warranty flash upgrades so nothing to pay. I asked what about the service? She told me the technician said as it was such a low mileage the service was not required until 20000 miles. I would sooner of have more frequent services than the book says so I am confused?/ I do not have the extended warranty as I was not aware at the time of purchase that this was an option.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I would have thought Oil service, filters as a minimum, plus maybe brake fluid change as its 2 years old.
I feel for you as our van is going in for its 4th year service, and we are near the same mileage as yours, its already had one oil change at year 2, but sat on drive during lock down, things like oil & brake fluid deteriorate so need changing we are told.
Ah well, it will be the lowest mileage cam belt change in twelve months time also.
LES

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
IMV an oil change at very least...
Always a controversial issue.. some are happy to change oil and filters only when the odometer says it is due regardless how long that takes.
On the other hand I am a firm believer oil should be changed annually regardless of how many miles it has or has not done.
My van service and mot is on Mon and has only done 1500 miles since last oil change..
Will oil be getting changed again .....You bet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I've had my van serviced annually irrespective of the mileage between services - and it has hardly turned a wheel in the last 2 years. Peace of mind and a Transit van, now 10 years old, that has been trouble free and had absolutely no warranty work done on it. Whether it is the regular servicing or not I wouldn't like to say, but when a Ford service is around the £200 mark annually (£4 a week!), I think I'll carry on until I finish my motor homing days.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have the “low mileage” service. Oil, filters, and engine checked. Brakes and tyres checked. Plus a few other “safety” items checked.

OP
OP
B
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I have now emailed Fiat customer service for their view, I have also just been made aware that you could extend the warranty from two to three years, if you applied within a time frame. Something I did not know.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The service interval is in the handbook supplied with your vehicle - not to exceed 2 years in any event, irrespective of mileage.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I have now emailed Fiat customer service for their view, I have also just been made aware that you could extend the warranty from two to three years, if you applied within a time frame. Something I did not know.
The warranty could be extended to 3 years past the initial two, so 5 in total but must be purchased within 10 days of buying the van.

OP
OP
B
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Received this today following a phone call from them. They also said they have had many complaints about dealers not informing customers about the extended warranty offer. And because of their licence agreements they cannot apply the extended warranty retrospectivel. So beware anyone buying a new Fiat base.

CC_EM_FiatPTemplate

Case Reference:
Re: Fiat Ducato Motorhome

Dear Mr Lawton,

Further to your conversation with our Customer Care agent, we confirm that the servicing schedule for your motorhome is: 2 years or 30 000miles ( which ever comes first). We recommend that the engine oil & filter to be changed every 12 months if the vehicle is driven mainly in towns.

Our Customer Service team remains available to further assist you at your own convenience from Monday to Fridaybetween 9:00 and 18:00 on 00800 3428 1111 selecting option 2 or by replying to this email.

Dec 8, 2020
Germany
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600 C
Exp
Newb to #Camperlife
Our Van is 14 months old with 21,000 km on the Clock - Fiat informed us the first service would be scheduled for 48,000 km or 2 years , which ever comes first. We too had the low oil warning light come on but after topping up it's been fine and has been since 14,000 km. Fiat states it's normal for the vehicle to use more engine oil than normal during the first 10,000 km.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back