Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi All,
I have a Mclouis 410 Lagan which has a Fiat 2.0 JTD engine. The motorhome is just over 3 years old and has 11, 750. miles on the clock.
I'm considering doing my own engine servicing from now on, e.g oil and filters and was wondering if anyone out there has an electronic copy of the Hayes Manual or other, they could email me.
I'm of the view this servicing is fairly fundamental and would save me a packet! I would welcome your views on this subject.

Regards,
Philip

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you can give me the year, Make and model of the Fiat i can look on Autodata but it wont be till next week as i'm not at home!
But the service should be straight forward!
You can get very cheap service parts at your local Partco!
Just remember to fill your fuel filter with diesel before fitting and you should have no problems at all!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Philip
One of our members sells manuals on cd in our classified sectionfor £4.99 check it outLink Removed
You can send him a PM to see if he has one for your model
or if I can help let me know what info you require
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi.
I have a service manual on CDrom. I brought it from EBAY:ROFLMAO:

It's ok, I have always done my own servicing on my motorhome which has the same engine as yours and is also just 4 years old so same model. Servicing is generaly very easy if you are used to doing anything on cars. Very easy access and everything is in reach. I change the oil and filter after every tour but mainly because I hae had my engine chipped. The fuel filter is asy enough to change but access can be slightly difficult. Other things I have had to pay attention to are all the hose clips as they can sometimes become a litle loose. The air filter I have replaced with a K&N so generally a good shake and just leave it. I de gunk the engine compartment and give it a good clean. I also make sure all ball joints etc are well greased and lubricate any moving parts. I have changed all the coolant twice and after my next tour to the isle of sky I will probably change the injector plugs.
You will also need to reset the service indicator to prevent you from getting a spanner appear on the dashboard. I will this year have the cam belt and other belts replaced but get my local reliable garage to do this as Im not one for dealers and dealer pricing.
I recon I look after the engine of my van better than any dealer will. I write in the service book to ensure any prespective new owner in a few years realises how well I look after my vans engine.

In terms of cost I recon I have saved a fortune. My local dealer wanted £250 + for a service. That is more than what it has cost me to service my van 3-4 times a year. Now showing 27k miles from new in a little over 4 years and thus far no problems. :thumb: long may it contnue., An expensive breakdown on a motorway onthe continent can really ruin your holiday. I can vouch for that from when a tugger and my car packed up on the way to South of France, towed all the way home, end of holiday on 2nd day, crying kids etc. nethertherless inspired me to buy my MH:RollEyes:

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

Hi, If you do service the motorhome yourselve, it will pay you to use the OE oil filters not the lower priced partco type as they are not so good. Also as a diesel engine needs clean oil to keep the wear down, go for a 5000 mile service of oil and filter, Of course this is only any good if you keeping said motorhome.
terry

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
not the lower priced partco type as they are not so good.
Please supply name and adress of your legal representative :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Partco are O/E parts suppliers.
Fiat,Ford,Peugeot etc do not make any filters, there bought in from the same suppliers as Partco and printed accordingly
I do however agree the cheaper varity ie unknown brand far east filters should be avoided if at all possible
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Dear all,
Many kind thanks for your kind help, I've been in touch with the web site which supplies the manuals and just waiting for a response.

Great advice !

Regards,
Philip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back