FIAT Ducato X250 Odometer Flashing (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
The moho does not seem to like being in lockdown. I went out to it today to change the clocks, turned on the ignition adjusted the time and noticed the odometer was blinking on and off. I started the engine and ran it for a few minutes shut down restarted and it was still flashing. Any suggestions? What should I do? Will the fault show on an OBD checker and would it be resettable?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
flashing odometer normally means a minor canbus communication error, should show a code on OBDII is everything else acting as normal, seat belt warning / air bags warnings;

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Phill D Over the last few weeks I have had and still have an airbag warning followed some days later by a seat belt warning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
then that is likely the odometer flashing. if the seat belt / airbag s are still not functioning as normal you
will need to clear those problems before the odometer will stop flashing.

it is likely your airbag ecu is not communicating with the system, so it is either faulty or dead. but that all needs confirming via the proper Checks ( OBDII )

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
then that is likely the odometer flashing. if the seat belt / airbag s are still not functioning as normal you
will need to clear those problems before the odometer will stop flashing.

it is likely your airbag ecu is not communicating with the system, so it is either faulty or dead. but that all needs confirming via the proper Checks ( OBDII )
Had that exact problem a few weeks back (on the day I was taking motorhome for MOT:rolleyes:)
Would have been a failure so just got the guy to look to see if it could be reset but no.
Had to uninstall and send off for rest \ reprogram.
Back in a couple of days, refitted and van flew through MOT.
They reckon it was as a result of a low vehicle battery warning.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
check your fuses, i had something similar after trying to fit a new head unit, replaced the blown fuse and it returned to normal.

reading other responses, yours might be more serious than mine, but it wont cost anything to check the fuses first?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
A couple of weeks ago took mine from storage for an MOT. My seat belt light was on, passenger side also with warning of airbag.
Cursed and hoped to get son to read and reset.
I stopped and turned off ignition after a few miles and when I started it odometer began to flash as well.
Stopped in next lay-by. Turned off ignition and locked it with me inside, waited, unlocked, turned ignition and fired up and all lights out (y) PHEW
Passed MOT and back to secure storage.
Yesterday thought I would SORN it as compound sealed now until further notice.
Where is V5? Still in safe which wasn't taken out when I came back from France.
Bugger

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Some (lower price end) OBDII readers will not return Air bag and other warnings. When I had the X250 I used Multiecuscan and a Laptop, but you need the "bought" not free version for some operations, and the pinout lead adapters.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have had this happen a couple of times but never found any faults, even with the ODB reader. It went off after a couple of restarts.

I've posted this before but I was given a tip which resets minor faults, such as a brief communication error and lights up the engine warning. Start the engine and rev slightly to get the alternator on-line. Run for about 30 secs then shut down. Wait for a minute then repeat. Do this 5 times and the light should go out. Doesn't work every time but has in a few cases I've offered it, including twice for me.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
A couple of weeks ago took mine from storage for an MOT. My seat belt light was on, passenger side also with warning of airbag.
Cursed and hoped to get son to read and reset.
I stopped and turned off ignition after a few miles and when I started it odometer began to flash as well.
Stopped in next lay-by. Turned off ignition and locked it with me inside, waited, unlocked, turned ignition and fired up and all lights out (y) PHEW
Passed MOT and back to secure storage.
Yesterday thought I would SORN it as compound sealed now until further notice.
Where is V5? Still in safe which wasn't taken out when I came back from France.
Bugger
if you have a tax renewal letter you can use the code on that

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
If the odometer doesn't stop flashing after about 4 restarts then a proxy alignment may be required through Mutliecuscan. Weak batteries in storage cause all sorts of CANBus anomalies. Usually nothing to worry about.
Once the lockdown finishes it might be worth starting a thread with those that have the registered version of MES to help out those with dash light problems and error codes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back