Fiat Ducato Warning Light - any offers as to what it means ? (2 Viewers)

Feb 3, 2020
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
B544
Exp
None, none at all.
Hi,
I have just been tidying up some wiring in my 2007 Fiat Ducato 3.0 L motorhome (x250?) and when I came it start it up I have an orange warning light on the dash...
The ASR button also seems to be lit up. Do any of you good people have any idea what the light in the bottom left hand corner actually means ?
Regards
P

1614771342246.png

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It could be the self levelling suspension warning light, your van wont have it but if the instrument cluster has gone rogue it lights up, I had the same and got it repaired by Cartronix. It's a common problem.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have just been tidying up some wiring

you might need to add some more detail to that 🤔 did it involve cutting or changing any connections

The ASR button also seems to be lit up

does it go off if pressed? Seems obvious, but sometimes the simplest fixes are 🙂👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Feb 3, 2020
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
B544
Exp
None, none at all.
Thanks.
I have just had a stroke of inspiration and remember where I had (safely) stored the manual - it is the stability control light
When I started it up my foot slipped off the clutch and I shot off backwards for a couple of feet - perhaps that had set the alarm off.
Does anybody know if I can reset it, or is a trip to the dealer ?
Regards
P

OP
OP
B
Feb 3, 2020
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
B544
Exp
None, none at all.
you might need to add some more detail to that 🤔 did it involve cutting or changing any connections

Nope, I was just tidying up loose wires and removing an old defective sat nav system - unless I have accidentally moved a dodgy wire somewhere whilst delving about.

does it go off if pressed? Seems obvious, but sometimes the simplest fixes are 🙂
I have tried pressing the ASR button but nothing happens.

I have also checked all the fuses in the under dash fusebox but they all seem to be OK.

Thanks anyway.
P

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm finding it hard to see the symbol in your photo - perhaps you could describe it?

All I have come up with is the ASR as phase3begins suggests.

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
When we went to pick up our van someone had changed the tyre pressures ( in error) and then put them back to correct pressure. This brought on the warning light and lots of head scratching..... someone suggested a short drive and sure enough light went off!

OP
OP
B
Feb 3, 2020
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
B544
Exp
None, none at all.
When we went to pick up our van someone had changed the tyre pressures ( in error) and then put them back to correct pressure. This brought on the warning light and lots of head scratching..... someone suggested a short drive and sure enough light went off!
Ours does not haver inbuilt tyre pressure sensors- but we will give it a go.
Regards
P

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nope, I have not.
How would this help ?
Regards
P
It helps by re learning its parameters.
It saw a fault now it needs to see normality

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Yes, take it for a drive it should reset. Unless you have manually switched off, check to see if button to switch off is on. Not sure if fitted not got in mine for awhile 😂

OP
OP
B
Feb 3, 2020
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
B544
Exp
None, none at all.
We have just been out for about 5-6 miles - it made no difference.

Anybody got an other ideas ?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There is a switch to turn it on & off somewhere usually. I have one on my transit. Find the switch you might have inadvertantly pressed it. When the light is lit up it means you have turned it off & there is no anti wheel spin /slip control

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Is the light on the switch on,as well as the light on the dash? If so switch it off. If it doesn’t go off the switch is faulty. If it does go off,but the light on the dash stays on,go for a drive again. If that doesn’t work take it to a garage.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
ASR switch is a press button on that year normally,ifht of the warning light switch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back