Fiat Ducato takes top motorhome award again (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Further evidence of the huge popularity of Fiat’s Ducato motorhome is shown today with the announcement that it has taken the Which Motorhome Base Vehicle award for the fifth year in a row.

Seeing off tough opposition from rival manufacturers, the Ducato, whose base vehicle was designed specifically for the motorhome market, has once again demonstrated that its blend of power, acceleration, relaxing drive and smooth gearshifts is irresistible to Which Motorhome’s judging experts

http://www.easier.com/81761-fiat-ducato-mtorhome-award.html

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Thanks for the link Jim, can't really argue against, mine is certainly a pleasure to drive and is well put together. The only grumble is the need for so much gear changing in hilly terrain!

Stewart::bigsmile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
But is this a case of; the only one on offer (comparatively speaking), or the public's choice?

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
But is this a case of; the only one on offer (comparatively speaking), or the public's choice?

Doug...

well im sure if they were really so bad the motorhome manufacturers would have looked for an alternative base vehicle.:thumb::thumb:

andy

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
well im sure if they were really so bad the motorhome manufacturers would have looked for an alternative base vehicle.:thumb::thumb:

andy

I don't except that Andy, I think its more likely that the converters go for the cheapest deal they can find, and I never said they were bad!

Doug...

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Given the choice I will always go for a Merc no matter how many meaningless awards Fiat may or may not win.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't except that Andy, I think its more likely that the converters go for the cheapest deal they can find, and I never said they were bad!

Doug...
agreed, the chances are the mainstream converters will have a good discount deal with fiat uk that they cant get with merc, ford etc.

couldnt fault our ducato base...or the swift convertion.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Mmm, a base vehicle designed for use in a permanently-loaded condition, high rear axle loads, likely to find itself off hardstanding, with front wheel drive, the best?
The ducato/boxer is certainly the best-seller, but opinions are all subjective.
Our subjective opinion- RWD Transit rules!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV

andy

What would be an alternative vehicle at the same price?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Brought our x250 back to the storage field on the farm to find 6" of snow. Drove up the field and swung into our spot between two tuggers, no wheel spin at all brilliant. I think the wider chassis makes a big difference. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back