Fiat Ducato tablet/phone holder (1 Viewer)

Roadracer2002

Free Member
Nov 14, 2014
Northants
Funster No
MH
Low line
Exp
Since 2015
I’m planning on upgrading our sat nav from CoPilot on my iPhone to something with a bigger screen. Has anyone managed to mount any of the propriety sat navs between the jaws of the fiat hinged clipboard tablet/phone holder? I had also thought of an iPad mini but I don’t have a GPS enabled one.

TIA, Hadrian

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Last time we tried a Samsung galaxy tab s2 fitted OK on it and ran co pilot whoie plugged into the USB socket on the dash absolutely no problem at all. Our new van has igo on the radio CD unit which seems to be OK, but if we had a problem with it I'd simply go back to copilot on the tablet again as the screen is bigger and the functionality (ie entering van sizes, Route prefs, poi's for camp sites, etc) is the same. YMVV, however.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
An alternative is one of these along with a tablet.
Garmin GLO 2 GPS and GLONASS Receiver for Precise Position Information on Mobile Devices Amazon product ASIN B07M9CZYTDWith this you can use any non gps enabled tablets. Had one for several years with an iPad and very reliable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We use a 10 inch tablet landscape style in our camper between the 'jaws' without a problem, easy to see and 'prod' at! :D

We run Sygic on it which we prefer to other gps providers.

Make sure you get a tablet with GPS in and ideally a good version as not all built in gps receivers are 'equal' in that regard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
My Snooper S6800 7 inch sat nav fits between the clamps. I usually place a small strip of grip mat top and bottom to grip it more firmly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back