Fiat Ducato Solenoid problem (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, just sitting in Canterbury Park and ride at the moment. Travelled down from Northumberland and nearing Canterbury the Motorhome went into limp mode. Very frightening going along the A2 at 10 to 15 mph. Managed to pull in at a service station and called the RAC who managed to get us going. Took it to a Fiat dealer who said it was a faulty solenoid. The bad news is it costs £480 plus labour. The van is only just over 2 years old and just out of warranty. Really disappointed as we had to rebook the Eurotunnel as we are heading for France and Spain. The fault apparently affected the traction control and something about hill control. Has anyone any experience of this. Is this a known fault or part of a recall. Any info would be appreciated.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I would ask then to contact Fiat as they have a 'goodwill' fund assuming you have a full Fiat service history. You also be able to contact Fiat direct if you are not near your normal dealer (you aren't I guess!) and explain the problem. I have heard they are pretty proactive. I'll see if I can find the number on the MF it is here somewhere.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@CUJIMI
I'll be wrong (as usual) but if it's a reasonably new UK registered Fiat is it not a 3 year warranty?

Just checked, our 2013 X250 Ducato is a two year manufacturer warranty and an additional Fiat Professional warranty of 12 months. Would check your handbook (if UK registered).
I had to tell our local Fiat Professional garage who checked and came back and said, hey you're right!
We got a clutch switch and dashboard console replaced in year 3.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I think the Fiat warranty is based on where the motorhome is built. I know our Rapido only has a 2 year Fiat mechanical warranty I think and I may be wrong but a Bristish built van may be 3 years. I am sure someone wil have a more definative answer on MF.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I think the Fiat warranty is based on where the motorhome is built. I know our Rapido only has a 2 year Fiat mechanical warranty I think and I may be wrong but a Bristish built van may be 3 years. I am sure someone wil have a more definative answer on MF.
You could be right. Ours is an Auto-trail.

OP
OP
C
Aug 7, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi its a German built motorhome, so according to paperwork its only a 2 year warranty . My understanding is the same if its UK registered it is 3 years. Not sure why the difference. I just phoned Fiat customer service so they are looking into it for me. Who knows I might be lucky.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Probably not much use you but here's the UK X250 warranty book for info.

Attachments

• Ducato X250 Warranty (07-13).pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
OP
OP
C
Aug 7, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi just thought I’d pass on the fact that I phoned the number that clanjones gave me and FIAT picked up the tab for the fix. It was going to be near £600 or £700 by the end of it. It turns out it was a solenoid that controls the emissions. Apparently the exhaust gases go back through the system and get burned off, That solenoid controls it. Thanks for all the help :D2

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Result! Just shows, don't ask don't get! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back