Fiat Ducato Side Window Blinds (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Anyone know if these are retro fitable from anywhere?

My 2015 has silver screens internally on the sides that fasten with button poppers. Would love to upgrade to these as I have the same sort on the windscreen and it's great.

IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4829.JPG
IMG_4864.JPG

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We had them fitted as standard on our Bolero, flimsy rattling things when driving, drove me nuts, I would rather have a cab divider curtain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Yes an they are very very easy to fit, fitted the same ones on our previous PVC, same van in pic, the front are a bit more fiddly but the sides are easy peasy - ya must be barmy if you pay someone to fit em !
I got mine off eBay, i paid around £450 for the full set (Brand new) from a seller with a shop

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I`m with "injebreck99" on this one, we have them fitted to our 2013 Auto trail Apache, the fixing screws have come out on many occasions, typical Autotrail, very enthusiastic with their pilot hole sizes.
The interior design of the Apache allowed us to fit a dividing wall thus separating the cab from habitation, so interior temp so much warmer, no drafts from the fiat cab and never any condensation on cab windows.
The wall is made up of three pieces of plywood so we leave the bottom section in place all the time, this stops the draft from Habitation to cab whilst driving in the colder months and also keeps our Jack Russell from getting into the cab when driving, perfect result.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I`m with "injebreck99" on this one, we have them fitted to our 2013 Auto trail Apache, the fixing screws have come out on many occasions, typical Autotrail, very enthusiastic with their pilot hole sizes.
The interior design of the Apache allowed us to fit a dividing wall thus separating the cab from habitation, so interior temp so much warmer, no drafts from the fiat cab and never any condensation on cab windows.
The wall is made up of three pieces of plywood so we leave the bottom section in place all the time, this stops the draft from Habitation to cab whilst driving in the colder months and also keeps our Jack Russell from getting into the cab when driving, perfect result.
H

I have recently bought a 2009 Apache 634 and I am intrigued to how you have designed the removable panels between cab would it be possible to post a photo please.
Stuart

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i fitted them on my old van and it was a job i kept putting of because the instructions were a bit duanting. Once started they were all on in under two hours very easy hardest part is removing the old windscreen trims as you have to break them of .Theres only two screws that need pilot holes in the top edge of the doors
Not sure if the later model is the same but on mine there were tweeters mounted in the trims and not long after we fitted them the radio kept cutting out and it was the tweeter had slipped out of the clips on the new trims, might be worth using a dab of something sticky to ensure they stay in place

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
H

I have recently bought a 2009 Apache 634 and I am intrigued to how you have designed the removable panels between cab would it be possible to post a photo please.
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

A really simple installation, you need some plastic "U" channel from B & Q or other diy outlet, plywood to fit channel and also some sections to lock and strengthen the panels.
I have quite a well stocked wood workshop so easily made the sections with my router etc.

The thicker top section on the bottom panel serves to strengthen the bottom panel and also give a good foot step to open and close the over cab window.

I used a high impact glue and counter sunk screws to secure the "U" channel the panels then just slide down into place, the bottom panel is usually a permanent feature, the other two section when not being used are stored under in mattress.

When you pull the overcab bed across the cab area is now completely closed off so no drafts come into the habitation, on winter nights it makes the "U" shaped lounge a really cosy place, in summer you can leave out the two top panels so you have a view front and back.

I also moved the Ladder support clips over towards the wardrobe so you can get past into the cab area when the ladder is in place, note we had the mirror installed on the bathroom wall rather than the silly place by the Hab door steps.
I also moved the single 13amp socket which was stupidly placed behind the passenger seat, changed it for a double socket, easy for Chris now to use her hair dryer infront of the mirror.

Attachments

• divider1.jpg
    divider1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 44
  • divider2.jpg
    divider2.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 44
  • divider3.jpg
    divider3.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 48
  • divider4.jpg
    divider4.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 42
  • divider5.jpg
    divider5.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 45
  • divider6.jpg
    divider6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
When i fitted mine on our ducato there was no drilling of any holes and no breaking of anything getting it removed, no rattles of any kind and apart from the main screen fit it was all pretty easy to fit..provably one of the numerous best add on items fitted

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
We had them fitted as standard on our Bolero, flimsy rattling things when driving, drove me nuts, I would rather have a cab divider curtain.
Also had them in last van. Rattled all the time also drove me nuts. Screen full of condescension in the morning, far far better to get silver external screens and if your wilding just use internal curtain if need to move quick. Ray

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They came as standard on our camper vans ... wouldn't have a vehicle without them now - they are quick and easy to use, ideal for us as we use aires/wild camp most of the time also we can also close them as needed to stop the sun getting in when we have to leave the dogs in the van, and no need to store them either. I trimmed down a set of thermal windscreen internal covers to fit between the blinds and the window so we can still have some insulation too if we want which store away easily being a bit smaller than those that fill the whole of the screen/window area.

As we use the front cab seat as part of our lounge putting up a screen/curtain between the cab and the rear isn't really an option for us and putting on external blinds isn't either due to drying them when wet and also they are very bulky to store too, although we do use these if we're going to a camper show/rally for a few days and not moving.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Dear Rob
Thank you so much for sharing the info and photos,It looks very professional - brilliant idea.
I will try and achieve something similar!
best regards
Stuart

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Dear Rob
Thank you so much for sharing the info and photos,It looks very professional - brilliant idea.
I will try and achieve something similar!
best regards
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You`re very welcome, if you get stuck in any way please message me and I`ll help were I can.

Regards Rob.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back