Fiat Ducato Side door not unlocking from outside (when locked electronically) (1 Viewer)

jamesoz

Free Member
Feb 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato MWB
When I electronically lock my MWB X250 Fiat Ducato my side door locks fine and the mechanism holds. Then when I unlock it, it doesn't open via the outside handle. I have to go into the back of the van to pull the inside handle, which then opens fine. Why is this?

I also saw that the rear contact of the sliding door (on door side) has only 3 contacts so it seems one is missing as opposite side of van has 4. Not sure if this is problem though as it seems to lock electronically fine but just doesn't unlock. Also mechanically it all seems fine as when I don't use central locking, the outside handle opens the locking mechanism.

Any help appreciated, cheers!

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The lock and door release are operated by an series of levers and solenoids that pull on cables, much like bicycle brake cables. It's possible that one of the cable ends from the unlock solenoid has popped out of its recess. Probably at the end by the handle on the inside of the door. How easy is it to get into the panel?

DandB

Free Member
Feb 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I know this sounds stupid but I had a similar problem with my Citroen Relay 3. would not open after being locked from key fob and had to be opened from inside. i searched the forums and found a reply to a similar problem. The advice was you do not pull the handle gently but you snatch it open sharply, if you know what I mean, and hey presto it opens. It was just technique that was required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back