Fiat Ducato Service in Surrey (3 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessaccar
Exp
Hi folks,
We have a Ducato based coachbuilt motorhome (2014 Bessacarr) in need of annual service and MOT (engine service not Habitation service). This seems to be surprisingly difficult in Guildford as our local Fiat commercial service centre seems to have stopped servicing Ducato. This leaves me with an awkward journey to somewhere else. Has anyone had good experiences of Fiat Ducato annual service in or around Surrey. I want somewhere I can get the train back to Guildford if vehicle needs to be in the garage for several days. Last year we had to go to Portsmouth !
KwikFit is advertising its expertise nationally for Fiat Ducato Service and (they claim) that this does not invalidate warranty
Any thoughts ?
Robert

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
F G Barnes, Slyfield Road, Guildford are listed as the Fiat Professional centre for the area, and the website shows they do motorhomes. Or are you saying the interweb is incorrect.

Having said that, if your van is 2014 all you need is someone competent. Provided you have the servicing done and books stamped no-one is going to worry that you didn't use a main dealer.

What about the motorhome dealers in the area? Wilmoths, even Marquis?

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I appreciate this is a bit far from Guildford but the better service and much cheaper rates might make it viable:

Spend a few days away in the Iron gorge area around Telford and get dave newell lvs to service it.

There is a good campsite near his place and when we last visited they dropped us off at the bridge and gave us a free ticket to the local sites.

ps: ask the site if the Badgers still visit?
pss: not sure if applicable but Dave offers a Funster discount

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Jun 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessaccar
Exp
thanks kannon fodda - yes thats the outfit i called first, also this time last year. They are saying they have a technical problem and cant do any ducatos. thats a real bummer as i could ride my bike to and from there !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Jun 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessaccar
Exp
thanks MikeD - stafford probably wont work as MOTs can be unpredictable in my experience and an overnight might turn into several nights if there is a part not readilly available. I might have to go to Portsmouth again. Day out in the shops and marina !

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Rob99
I have struggled to find a "local" Fiat Professional service center in Surrey also.
I visited F G Barnes in Guildford, as they are nearest to me, by car, to see if they could carry out a simple Fiat warranty recall on our new van in 2017, got no where, they didn't have the part, didn't call me back, and the yard was very small and tightly packed with huge trucks.

I then contacted Fiat Professional Crawley, drove van down and they did the Turbo pipe clip replacement outside on the forecourt while I waited, but have since been told their ramps are not big enough for MH's, and they had at the time just lost their Fiat Approved engineer, and were looking for another.????

I read some good reviews of a commercial service centre just off the M4 in Theil, near Reading called HTC (Heathrow Commercial Centre) Fiat Van Centre. This would be my first place to try, website and reviews look good, albeit a trot to Theil from Camberley, however trains are not a problem as station is nearby

These are all I can come up with at present, we have been using our dealers in Wellington in Somerset to carry out the servicing as we had a 3 year service deal (Hab & Fiat Mechanical) arranged at purchase, but will need to find somewhere more local for the future.
Best of luck, let me know how you get on as finding a fiat service centre close seems impossible.
I think Lenny HB has had some problems with F G Barnes at their Shoreham Branch, he will hopefully enlighten us as to what it was, and their poor performance.
LES

Upvote 0

In the Pink

Free Member
Sep 19, 2018
Surrey/Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B564
Exp
Complete Novice
Rob99 I used SES water for a service and more recently MOT. They were recommended to me by another funster.

Address is Frenches Road, Redhill. RH1 1LT. Tel: 01737 785808
it’s about a 15/20 minute walk from Redhill station.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
I've had work, including MOT, done at HTC at Theale...not cheap but no problems and, as TinaL, says very close to the station. About an hour from Guildford.

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Rob
I've only had good experiences here with my cars and, more recently, the MOT on my MH. You can get trains to Guildford from Ewell East and Ewell West stations (1-2 miles)
Elmwood Vehicles
278 Kingston Road, R/O Esso Garage, Ewell, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 0SH
020 8394 2847

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Rob99 I used SES water for a service and more recently MOT. They were recommended to me by another funster.

Think I recommended SES. From memory, it's about a 10 minute walk from Redhill station.

The garage service all the water company commercial vehicles but are open to the public for servicing & MOT. The reception area is very basic. They seem to do a pretty good job and if you've got any queries, they're happy for you to talk directly to the mechanic. They get quite a few MH's to service, so are familiar with greasing the AL-CO rear axle etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Jun 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessaccar
Exp

thanks - thats great as I would never have found these guys. I have booked in for MOT and Mech Service so lets see how we get on !

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
thanks - thats great as I would never have found these guys. I have booked in for MOT and Mech Service so lets see how we get on !

The only problem I've had with SES was last year, when they overfilled the engine oil. Suggest you check the dipstick before you leave their premises.

Upvote 0

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I use these people:
for MOT as I have someone come to the house for servicing. Although they're in Basingstoke it's just half an hour down the road from me in Camberley.
Very nice people they are too.

Upvote 0

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
I use these people:
for MOT as I have someone come to the house for servicing. Although they're in Basingstoke it's just half an hour down the road from me in Camberley.
Very nice people they are too.

+1 for RandM they did a oil and filter change on my motorhome while we waited, very friendly and didn't overcharge

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Autodan in Bordon are pretty good but no use to you because of the train.

What you could do though is book it in when i am on nights and I could have run you back to Guildford !

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Autodan in Bordon are pretty good but no use to you because of the train.

What you could do though is book it in when i am on nights and I could have run you back to Guildford !
I would have also have suggested Autodan in Bordon as I have used them for the last ten years for servicing and MOT and they have been excellent. . Not even on a bus route let alone a train though, so much for an Eco town

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I would have also have suggested Autodan in Bordon as I have used them for the last ten years for servicing and MOT and they have been excellent. . Not even on a bus route let alone a train though, so much for an Eco town
He is also a motorhomer. His daughters and my daughters went to school together. Never heard a bad word about him or the service and I am obviously local and used him for similar amount of time.
As an aside I think Bordon lost its "eco town" bid and I believe there is a bus every other Wednesday that might make it to Farnham. Must have 10,000 residents now and still no pub within Bordon !

Upvote 0

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
I used HTC near Heathrow for my recall work and they did it while I waited (turbo pipe), I rang Fiat assist as no listed fiat professional garage would deal with me but HTC was recommended and they did a fine job.

Not needed any service work yet as only 10 months old.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Sandown autopoint in hersham, were very good for my mot last year, they have motorhomes themselves. I also used htc croydon for my warranty work but now its out of warranty will use sandown. Also leatherhead motors are very good who also have Motorhomes. Both not far from guildford.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2013
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 680FB
Exp
Since 2012
I used HTC near Heathrow for my recall work and they did it while I waited (turbo pipe), I rang Fiat assist as no listed fiat professional garage would deal with me but HTC was recommended and they did a fine job.

Not needed any service work yet as only 10 months old.

I used HTC last year when I broke down on the M25. They were great. At the time my van was under warranty; it just lost power and a warning light came on. Something to do with a sensor on the Comformatic gear box.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Hi There is a moto place in West byfleet that I take our motorhome to for the MOT they are very good - we have never had an issue with them doing the MOT - I also used to use the guys in Guildford until they let us down no end. With regards to service - (engine) I have a mobile mechanic that comes out and does mine again very good and resonable - can pass your details on or vis versa if required Thanks Chris

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Hi There is a moto place in West byfleet that I take our motorhome to for the MOT they are very good - we have never had an issue with them doing the MOT - I also used to use the guys in Guildford until they let us down no end. With regards to service - (engine) I have a mobile mechanic that comes out and does mine again very good and resonable - can pass your details on or vis versa if required Thanks Chris

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
New MH but campervan owner for a couple of years
Hi all,

Re Barnes in Guildford, they did a key clone for me recently, but when I asked about servicing and the brake pipe recall - they were listed on the letter - they said we don’t do Fiat anymore.

great to hear the list of alternatives above so thank you for saving me a ton of research.

?

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I know the OP is sorted now, but we used Tracts in Aldershot several times for the servicing and MOT on our Bailey (just hope they also do A-classes!) - they're just over a mile from Aldershot station.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back