Fiat Ducato / Renault Master2013-Help Please (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I am changing my van and the one I am about to purchase has a micky mouse canister instead of a spare wheel. I already have a brand new spare from my Renault Master so I need to know if it will fit a 2013 Fiat Ducato (16").
My dealer says they are interchangeable but I have had advice from dealers before to my cost. Best to ask on Fun and be sure.
Many Thanks in anticipation,
Wilf

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I would not have thought so, but someone will come on here and confirm

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You can try it on the vehicle now or on the motorway your choice
You may get a reply assuring you it fits and it may well do BUT
its to late on the road, to find out it fits but wont rotate due to brake caliper changes etc
you know there is only one way, don't forget to check front and back fitment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Master is stablemate with the Vauxhall Vivaro and Nissan Primastar, never heard it tied in with Fiat so would be very dubious.
On a connected note, I've had the wheels off my Master for servicing at home a couple of times using my own tools, bought a hydraulic bottle jack to replace the van scissor one so was rationalising the tool kit, tried to use the supplied wheel wrench on the van wheel nuts only to find it was 19mm and the van's fitted with 17mm wheel nuts, pleased I never had a puncture in the last 4 years.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I am curious because the Fiat mudflaps fit in the Master wheel arch and mounts perfectly. Also the silver screen from my 2008 Ducato fits my Master like a glove. According to the Renault technical guys 3 years ago it is a Renault but has serious Seven root. I haven't taken delivery of my Fiat based motor yet that's why I cannot try the wheels.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi WILJOY I assume ( I shouldn't use that word, it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' ) that you are PX- ing your Renault at the a same dealer ?? When the Fiat arrives, get HIM to physicaly swap all the wheels for you !! You will be surprised how compliant dealers are until the deal is closed !! Worth a try.. Mitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi WILJOY I assume ( I shouldn't use that word, it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' ) that you are PX- ing your Renault at the a same dealer ?? When the Fiat arrives, get HIM to physicaly swap all the wheels for you !! You will be surprised how compliant dealers are until the deal is closed !! Worth a try.. Mitch.
My van is being sold seperate. I am buying without a PX and the dealer is 120 miles away. Thought that I would keep my spare wheel. Thanks.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
There was a pair of Renault wheels for sale at the Lincoln show and it specifically mentioned Renault fitment only.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back