Fiat Ducato recall (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
There is no need to do 20mph carolyn, if they were cracked they wouldn't let you take it home, they must have a spec to check them to if it's out of this spec this could lead to cracking, the crack on the pic I posted is worse case scenario could have been a white van man bouncing up and down kerbs all day to cause it, anyway fingers crossed that you don't need them 🤞
Thanks, I obviously misunderstood what you meant!

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Ours was checked this morning and all OK. They also checked the break lines attaching to the server as this is another recent recall, and that got the all clear too.

So, all systems go for travelling, yippee! 😁😄😁😄

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Ours was checked this morning and all OK. They also checked the break lines attaching to the server as this is another recent recall, and that got the all clear too.

So, all systems go for travelling, yippee! 😁😄😁😄
Good news.

My turn tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Checked and OK so no need to cancel our holiday plans. Phew!

I asked about failures, he said they had checked about 50 and only 4 had failed. All the failures had been vans/van conversions, he had not yet found any failures on body built motorhomes.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Checked and OK so no need to cancel our holiday plans. Phew!

I asked about failures, he said they had checked about 50 and only 4 had failed. All the failures had been vans/van conversions, he had not yet found any failures on body built motorhomes.
We have a PVC, oh dear, and looking at your address I presume you went to Adrian Morey in Bournemouth, we’re off there on the 19th. Keep your fingers crossed for us please. Glad to hear yours was OK.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We have a PVC, oh dear, and looking at your address I presume you went to Adrian Morey in Bournemouth, we’re off there on the 19th. Keep your fingers crossed for us please. Glad to hear yours was OK.
Yes, Adams Morey, very quick no fuss. Fingers crossed for you, most pass.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
My van is booked in next Friday to have them changed parts not due in until Wednesday so it's taken 2 weeks for the parts.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Checked this morning at Guildford. All OK. Took less than 5 minutes once they started, didn't even need to go up on ramps. Seemed to be something about how the fitting clamps on and whether it still allows enough travel without "bottoming out". They've only had one failure, which does seem a bit random given how many others have been reported from different garages. Still I have a stamped bit of paper.

Best news, van started immediately this morning having not been turned over since mid December's lockdown commencement (y)

Oct 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
2 years
Dropped ours off at local Fiat Professional this morning at 7.45. Call at 9 to say all clear come and pick it up!

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Dropped ours off at local Fiat Professional this morning at 7.45. Call at 9 to say all clear come and pick it up!
Good news. It suggests the “Don’t own one yet” under your Avatar is no longer current.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just checked at Adams Morley Bournemouth and all good, hurrah. What nice people. The chap before me failed. They have 4 vans in the yard waiting for the part so I wouldn’t have been allowed to drive home. I’d arranged for youngest son to pick me up if the worst happened as Nick can hardly walk as he hurt his knee at bloody golf!

I am going to book a trip even if I have to go on my own bah humbug!

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Just checked at Adams Morley Bournemouth and all good, hurrah. What nice people. The chap before me failed. They have 4 vans in the yard waiting for the part so I wouldn’t have been allowed to drive home. I’d arranged for youngest son to pick me up if the worst happened as Nick can hardly walk as he hurt his knee at bloody golf!

I am going to book a trip even if I have to go on my own bah humbug!
Excellent news. Get booking.

Cosmicyoyo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi
Just a quick bit of info, my steering started pulling to one side so looked up this post and low and behold!!!!

Attachments

• Cracked steering.jpg
    Cracked steering.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 202
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Hi
Just a quick bit of info, my steering started pulling to one side so looked up this post and low and behold!!!!
Fiat should have written to you about the recall before it became dangerous.

Andrew from D

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Modbury, South Hams Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690

Andrew from D

May 24, 2021 1 1Funster No81,450MHBurstner Lyseo 690
I have had the same recall on our Burstner Lyseo on a Fiat Ducati chassis and both knuckles are involved. The advice from Fiat is that defective vehicles should not be driven. My Vehicle was inspected on the 27th of April and I have been advised this morning by Fiat customer services that NO date can be given for dispatch of the replacement parts due to a manufacturing issue. They could not guarantee that the vehicle would be roadworthy even by September. As new vehicles are still being manufactured, -presumably with a front steering and suspension units, it gives you a clue as to there attitude towards existing customers! Apparently if you are seeking compensation you can forget it! To add to our woes the clutch failed and we are waiting for those parts too although they are due tomorrow. Not what you expect from a vehicle after 2.5K miles that cost a shade under £70k. !!!
2,633 vehicles are affected according to the DVSA not exactly a small number.
if someone said it is a small number affected then why the problem releasing the small number of replacement parts.

having looked through your links I see there is extensive mention of the clutch issue, and was occurring frequently in an fleet of ambulances in Scotland. The Fiat dealership that has our van had an ambulance on the ramps with a similar problem to us interestingly and they were having problems pinning it down. They had been dealing with Fiat technical support in Italy who are supplying a new clutch assembly so will be interested to see if it works. I will keep you updated.
Quote Quote
Broken Link Removed

ludlow1

Free Member
Jun 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift Kon Tiki 596
Hi ours went in to fiat dealer on the 21st April only to be told that it has failed & we can not drive it, it is now the1st of june & it’s still there, with no knowledge of when we will get it,as the dealer said they have contacted Fiat in Italy & they can not tell them when either.
we bought ours in sept 2020 & it’s a motorhome by swift. It has been in so far for 6 weeks tomorrow, that’s 6 weeks of depreciation, 6 weeks of insurance, 6 weeks of road tax, & 6 weeks of not being able to use it. To say I am fuming is an understatements & I want to get some compensation for lack of having a new van, with only 1000 miles on the clock or to give it back, as it’s not fit for purpose. I love my motorhome & want it back, but someone (Fiat)needs to be doing something, as this is not very good customer relations. Sorry about my rant & I hope all other people in the same boat get sorted soon

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Hi ours went in to fiat dealer on the 21st April only to be told that it has failed & we can not drive it, it is now the1st of june & it’s still there, with no knowledge of when we will get it,as the dealer said they have contacted Fiat in Italy & they can not tell them when either.
we bought ours in sept 2020 & it’s a motorhome by swift. It has been in so far for 6 weeks tomorrow, that’s 6 weeks of depreciation, 6 weeks of insurance, 6 weeks of road tax, & 6 weeks of not being able to use it. To say I am fuming is an understatements & I want to get some compensation for lack of having a new van, with only 1000 miles on the clock or to give it back, as it’s not fit for purpose. I love my motorhome & want it back, but someone (Fiat)needs to be doing something, as this is not very good customer relations. Sorry about my rant & I hope all other people in the same boat get sorted soon
God I feel your pain absolute croc of sh*t from Fiat I was fuming I had to wait 2 weeks but the same happened with the sensor recall they ran out of parts that was a 3 week wait but at least we could still use the van.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
No need to apologise for your rant, you are entitled to have a rant.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

Hope the dealership are looking after it for you? I’d be going up there to check it over and asking to use their wash down facilities. (y)

ludlow1

Free Member
Jun 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift Kon Tiki 596
We were there about 2 weeks ago, I had to get some information from the moho, it’s all safe & well on its own by the wash point. It’s 8.11m so it’s not the easiest thing to park out, it’s in their way

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
Just picked up on this thread and checked on the Fiat website and found my knuckles are fine but a further 2 recalls on my van 2019 and new to me 5 months ago. So all booked in

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Just picked up on this thread and checked on the Fiat website and found my knuckles are fine but a further 2 recalls on my van 2019 and new to me 5 months ago. So all booked in
How come the dealer (if you purchased from a dealer) didn’t check for recalls / updates before they sold it to you?

I know car dealership are a pain, but I’m finding owning a MH makes car dealership look positively professional and efficient. When I had a problem with my new car, took it to the garage for inspection, the fault was found and fixed in a day…….non of this, ‘We need to put a warranty claim in’, they just did it. Also did a non urgent software update to save me another journey. 🤷‍♂️

Jan 16, 2017
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Since 2015
Received a notification that Fiat have had problems with Steering Knuckles.
Fiat reference is 6291.
Our van is a 2019 model.
Got it booked in for an inspection next week but they’ve said that if the part is nonconforming we will have to leave the van there.
They will then have to make a warranty claim to Fiat and wait for the parts from Italy.
Fingers crossed it passes as we‘ve got a few sites booked ready for when we’re released back into the wild!

Fiat reference is 6291.
Our van is a 2019 model.
Got it booked in for an inspection next week but they’ve said that if the part is nonconforming we will have to leave the van there.
They will then have to make a warranty claim to Fiat and wait for the parts from Italy.
Fingers crossed it passes as we‘ve got a few sites booked ready for when we’re released back into the wild!

MAREE65

Free Member
Mar 5, 2019
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
Coach Build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Fiat reference is 6291.
Our van is a 2019 model.
Very confusing. Brownhills told us that 90% of vans they have checked have failed and they will not release them back to customers because they have to 'condemn' them (odd wording). Yet other Fiat workshops nearer to us, have said very few are failing and that those that do, are being allowed to drive away and then coming back for repair...

Jan 16, 2017
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Since 2015
Fiat reference is 6291.
Our van is a 2019 model.
Had my letter in early April had to wait 2 weeks for Guest Motors in Coventry to give me a appointment took 15mins and they also done a engine management upgrade which is also required.

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
I would have thought the same too but I've just spoken to the previous owner and he did have a couple of recalls done. I would have thought they would be held on a central Fiat data base. I rang a Fiat Professional garage and they said 2 outstanding. Not sure if communications gone wrong somewhere but its only 10mile away so no biggie.

ludlow1

Free Member
Jun 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift Kon Tiki 596
I have a friend with a Kon Tiki 599, theirs failed & were told it was ok to take away & bring it back when they are notified the part is in. But must of the feeds I have seen on here & ithe places, they have had to leave the moho there because it’s to dangerous to drive & the insurance will not pay out if you have an accident, driving it, knowing it’s not road worthy.
we were in contact with Fiat Italy yesterday to accelerate the claim & have been told it could be end of July to the middle of august before we will get ours back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back