Fiat Ducato Random Wire/Plug Loose (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
I opened the bonnet of my 2015 Swift 696 or Fiat Ducato if you will for the first time yesterday to top up the washer fluid and I found a random wire with plug attached just loosely hanging. It was in danger of been pulled into the cooling fan on the passenger side of the engine bay so I have secured it with clips from another wire ruining along the slam panel but I did wonder if it was supposed to be connected to anything?

It seems to trace back to join a T junction around the Drivers headlight wires so I thought maybe it was an unused plug for a fog light or the daytime LED running lights that my vehicle does not have fitted.

But as it was just very loose it must have been previously fitted somewhere else as I can't imagine the PDI boys missing it where it was when they checked it over in November prior to me taking delivery of the van

Here's the pics. Any ideas?

IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG

Nothing in the cab is lit up re warning lights etc.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I like your faith in the PDI check !
Probably just an unused cable for something you not got. Secure safely and forget (y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It looks like an alarm plug! Did you have the van from new?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not on your own, I also have a couple of "unused" plugs/sockets dangling under the bonnet, I made them safe.
Presumably required for additional accessories.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Dor
Not new. 1800miles on it and a year old when we got it.

I suspect it's an unused plug. Just would expect it to be more secure on a newer vehicle
Does it have four wires and the wire on one leading edge is purple?

Having said that, as you say there are loads of spares

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Have a look under the seats. You will find even more of them. One base vehicle, one wiring harness, fit the bits the customer wants. It would be very expensive to have lots of different wiring harnesses when one will do. Fun starts when you get a fault especially when its intermittent.
Our habitation remote locking was not working all the while. Loads of wires under the drivers seat. Touch any and it would start working. Finally found one of the pins in a connector not pushed home properly but needed a factory wiring diagram to find it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back