FIAT DUCATO PVC - 2 x 150watt solar panels longditudinal? (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Nice clean canvas !
2 off 991x 1671 panels typicaly 660w
Have a search for Panasonic high efficiency panel (voltage 60v so too much for votronics, use victron)
If you can get to harlow Essex have a look at triple solar on ebay, very good deals but collection only on large ones.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Nice clean canvas !
2 off 991x 1671 panels typicaly 660w
Have a search for Panasonic high efficiency panel (voltage 60v so too much for votronics, use victron)
If you can get to harlow Essex have a look at triple solar on ebay, very good deals but collection only on large ones.
I've done a few calcs. Our fridge is 3-way, we're removing the TV and we don't have a microwave. Kettle and moka pot only need gas. I'm using a dinky invertor to charge laptops. My wife's eBike only needs charging very occasionally, so isn't worth designing a system around. So I think we only need about 75Ah per day at most. So I think I'll only get about 300w of panels. But I'll make sure they are arranged so I can add more later if required.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
. Our fridge is 3-way, we're removing the TV .
Well there is the answer, remove the aerial as well. Now using 2 large panels youll be able to run the fridge off aes signal in the summer and enough power for low season ( from feb).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattT

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Sheffield, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Could I ask how you attached the solar panels to the smartclamp bars? I have just fitted the omistor awning and smart clamps and now want to fit some panels to existing smartclamp frame.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattT

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Sheffield, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp

Eighton

Free Member
Aug 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay
Hagstrom

You got any further yet?

I've got my side mounts installed today and the panel test fitted - it fit's like a glove.

Just waiting for 30x30mm extrusion to make the cross bar to support the leading edge

Hi Bobby-GG. I'd love to havew a closer look at your solar panels. (I'm not fare from you in Northumberland.) Can you PM me if that is a possibility please. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back