Fiat Ducato Electric Windows 130 multijet, 57 plater (1 Viewer)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:thumb:Hi funsters,
Here's hoping that someone will have encountered this before, and may have knowledge of the cause !!!
Last September the switch on the passenger door, for the electric windows, and for no apparent reason, suddenly became very hot & started to smoke badly. We pulled over for 5 mins. and carried on, but later found that both the passenger and drivers electric door switches had burnt out and had to be replaced :cry:
We replaced the switches, only for the same thing to happen again :cry::cry:
This time our local garage electrician replaced the switches AND the door loom, passenger side.:Eeek:
Well it's blinkin happened again !!!, so before we investigate further, I thought I'd ask for help from you guys
Has anyone got any idea as to what can be causing it ??? It's costing us a small fortune:cry::cry::cry:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Pop the passenger loom join and see if it has broken on the solder joint. Best way around that would be to replace a larger section, so that the joint is not under stress.

Strange it keeps happening to yours though!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
potentially a faulty window motor or relay. could even be a chaffed wire shorting. the door wiring needs stripping down and checking thoroughly before fitting new switches.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back