Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
SandJ

There is nothing wrong with it, it is brand new. We've already spoken to them & they are surplus stocks as companies have to buy so many but they don't sell them all.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
MichaelT
Who's post are you referring to?
It was the OP, couldn't see the point of the post saying he had bought a wing mirror. May as well said I bought some jam from ASDA...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
LadyBea

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
The whole point of my post was to let others know that I had found somebody who had these door mirrors at £ 55 cheaper than other suppliers if they needed one. Needless to say I shall not be posting any more helpful information if yours is the sort of response I get.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The whole point of my post was to let others know that I had found somebody who had these door mirrors at £ 55 cheaper than other suppliers if they needed one. Needless to say I shall not be posting any more helpful information if yours is the sort of response I get.

Take no notice Kitty,,,thanks for letting us know,,very helpful,,BUSBY,,

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Have just ordered & received a Fiat Ducato drivers door mirror short arm with temperature sensor from magnummvs.co.uk for £100.48 incl next day carriage. It is brand new.
Not realising what the cost of said mirrors were, I too was a little confused and see what @MichaelT was getting at. Now you have explained the cost, and hence the point of the post, I can see that this may be very useful to anyone looking for such a mirror, and there may be a great many given the number of Fiat based motorhomes around. Thanks for the info.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You can buy a pair of standard short arm fiat ducato base mirrors for £110 off e bay . Its the long/medium arm mirrors that are £155 each. The majority are heated.
Plus you can also buy the back covers for around £22 if this just needs replacing, mirror glass ( plastic really) are around £10-20 each and the indicator lens with a bulb is approx. £10.
Loads on E Bay

OP
OP
LadyBea

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Ours weren't standard base mirrors, they have the temperature sensor on them which puts the price up considerably.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i
Ours weren't standard base mirrors, they have the temperature sensor on them which puts the price up considerably.
i thought all nearside mirrors for the x250 had the thermometer and radio aerial inside, even the manual, non heated version.
if only the long arm version as used on coach built vans was as cheap. the short arm version is only suited to panel van conversions

OP
OP
LadyBea

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
On their website they have them without the sensor & without the aeriel, our aeriel is on the roof. Our sensor is on the drivers side, so looks like they have quite a few options.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
They also sell door mirrors etc for other vans & cars. There web address is magnumvs.co.uk. I put an extra m in the first post. What I didn't appreciate is MichaelT 's posts, he could have put his comments better.
If you had explained your post at the outset then it would have been easy for everyone else to understand otherwise it was just a random statement.

OP
OP
LadyBea

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
I'm not getting involved with him anymore. There seem to be too many people on these sort of forums ready to criticise others who are only trying to be helpful. Incidently he is a she.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm not getting involved with him anymore. There seem to be too many people on these sort of forums ready to criticise others who are only trying to be helpful. Incidently he is a she.

It takes all sorts,,,don't take it personally,,,BUSBY:)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Hi Kitty. I understand why you were annoyed, please don't take it personally. It is an easy job to put someone on your ignore list and you just won't see their posts. You can also report a post if it is offensive, and the owner (Jim) is most emphatic that he takes all such reports very seriously. Having upset people by saying far less in the past, I can vouch for the fact that he is serious about such issues

Last edited:
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
And thank you for starting this thread and letting us know about these very cheap wing mirrors in the first place.

You have saved me £55!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So what is your point?

Michael it was clear to me what the point was, I'm sure you could have asked the question with a little more courtesy, you normally do. :). Courtesy, it's what greases the wheels around here and makes it a nice place to spend time in. :)

courteous.png

Aug 17, 2017
Funster No
MH
PVC - AT Tribute T-670
Exp
Very helpful. It seems they sell OEM door mirrors for half the price of main dealers. Mind you, I am still trying to find out what I have. What I know: 2017 build Fiat Ducato; short arm; manual folding, electric, heated. What I don't know is whether it has a temperature sensor and whether it has an aerial. Would you happen to know how to tell?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Nearside mirror has the aerial etc not offside

Join us or log in to post a reply.