fiat ducato chausson welcome 85 ?? (1 Viewer)

Michelle7879

Free Member
Jul 22, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just buying
Exp
I'm a newbie
So I joined here yesterday and we have been to view a mh it's a flat Ducato chausson welcome 85 on a 08 plate 2008 , it's 29k done 35k miles .i kind of fallen in love with it but my husband is unsure . As anybody got any pros and cons about this type of mh . Would love your view it will be our first mh so we are like the blind leading the blind buying one

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
If you go to the Resources section and search for Chausson Welcome you will find a mine of information. Don't do it now though 'cos I've done it for you (see link below).......................

and
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
hi, I look at this van as a replacement for our 07 Chausson Allegro 83. Ours was on a Renault base which for reasons to long to go into I was desperate to get away from. The only reason I didn't go for it was it was too similar to the van we were coming out of. The fiat base vehicle will have none of the mechanical problems we had and although we are new to motorhoming, the layout and habitation build quality were superb. If you get it I wish you many happy trips. Border Motorhomes did us a very fair deal and we awaite delivery of our Chausson replacement, which if it had been on the fiat base vehicle I am sure we would still own.

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
Just noticed you are in Manchester. I looked at an almost identical van. Its on line at border motorhomes of Ayr. Worth looking and compairing what your getting for your money they are on line, will let you see if the oneyour looking at is reasonable in its price. Again happy motohoming if you do buy.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Fairly new myself, but we have one year old Chausson 515 Welcome on a Fiat Ducato chassis (6M). Very pleased with it in every respect, there are some extremely good features and a couple of minor niggles.

For example, it is pretty well made, and has everything we could want. It has an excellent (818kg) payload, but at the price of fairly lightweight interior fittings (chipboard, for example). The quality of electrical and pipework is first rate, the beds are very comfortable and the appliances are pretty much standard kit, same as all the others on the market.

The Ducato is just a wonder to me. For my whole life I have avoided Fiat vehicles, but this has impressed me no end.

Welcome and happy motorhoming

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 19, 2014
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we an 85 on 04 plate with 2.8 engine just traveled 2k miles and not missed a beat the layout is good as itis the older model we would like air conditioning in cab and cruse control every thing works well just added a extra hab battery and all led lights make sure upolstry is good and no water ingress good if it has a biger fridge it only has a grill no cooker we love ours had it for 4 years good luck Robert.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back