Free Member
Mar 25, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Im a newbie
Just wondered if anyone else has managed to overcome the same satnav problems that we are having.Purchased a 2012 Swift Bolero (Fiat Ducato) and were advised to buy the Blue and Me2 satnav which fits into the onboard dash pod.No issues pairing up and all went smoothly.Upon our first trip out it proceeded to send us down narrow country lanes which was quite traumatic to say the least.There is no way to pick major roads as a preference to the quickest route which seems odd as you can choose to avoid motorways.Have contacted Tomtom but it seems that motorhome maps that are avaliable will not be compatible with our unit.So really the dashboard mount in our motorhome for the Fiat satnav is a redundant piece of kit, and feel that we have wasted our money when a Snooper Ventura would of been ideal.Am currently in disscusion with Fiat Accessories trying to workout a possible refund..wish me luck.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I did buy one but took it back as it doesnt fully integrate.ie over ride radio and sound through speakers.I asked about it ever getting sorted and Fiat said "probably not". Your problem is definately your settings as i did get to use it and worked fine on that side of things.Sorry i cant be of more help.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
Just wondered if anyone else has managed to overcome the same satnav problems that we are having.Purchased a 2012 Swift Bolero (Fiat Ducato) and were advised to buy the Blue and Me2 satnav which fits into the onboard dash pod.No issues pairing up and all went smoothly.Upon our first trip out it proceeded to send us down narrow country lanes which was quite traumatic to say the least.There is no way to pick major roads as a preference to the quickest route which seems odd as you can choose to avoid motorways.Have contacted Tomtom but it seems that motorhome maps that are avaliable will not be compatible with our unit.So really the dashboard mount in our motorhome for the Fiat satnav is a redundant piece of kit, and feel that we have wasted our money when a Snooper Ventura would of been ideal.Am currently in disscusion with Fiat Accessories trying to workout a possible refund..wish me luck.

i have had b&m for 12 months. never had worrys where it was takeing me. uk or france must not ask for shortest route ?? may bewhere you have problem
always a bit pi**** that it did not fully intergrate with radio as advertised in fiat sales. and still prefer my snooper which i have now updated to use this year. b&m just an expensive toy.[but looks good]and live services are good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
With the way all this technology is going so fast nowadays--

The usual upgraded item is a phone ,compared to upgrading a later expensive system that fits in a vehicle.

A smart phone has the latest free navigation app, if you wire it through the aux plug on your vehicle stereo just to get amplified sound through your speakers you can--
Navigate/ listen to your own playlist /listen to fm radio/ and the spoken sat nav directions overide the music.
Some stereos will also let you answer your calls through it as well ( hands free)
With 3g you can also have a moving google earth on the screen.

Car producers are always years behind with in car gadgets.

In a few years smart phones ,will also be able to drive for you as well.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
try resetting it to fastest/quickest route.

shortest route will try to pick as straight a line as possible.

as with any satnav you still have to use your intuition and if a road looks unsuitable then it usually is, but the nav will reroute as you drive past the recommended road.

the longest route can be the quickest route. :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We have occasional probs with our Tom where it tries to send us the wrong way down a one-way street or down a ridiculously narrow lane, but as said, just drive past or take the road that looks the widest. It soon works out a reroute.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back