Fiat Ducato bike rack problem (2 Viewers)

Stsxt05

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Hello all we have a 1996 Fiat Ducato hi top motorhome with an Omni deluxe bike rack already attached. The quick blockers were missing from the bike rack (these secure the wheels to the rails of the bike rack) so we bought two pairs. This has given us more problems as although we have very modest and knackered old bikes and they are not oversized in anyway with the quick blockers slid as far as apart as possible they still do not properly accommodate the wheel base of the bikes. Our real problem though is that with the bike rack cover in place our rear offside lights are not visible, so illegal!

Our questions is simple, what have we missed and is there a way to mount the bikes a little further towards the near side kerb to stop us having to invest in extra rear lighting? Anyone out there with a 1996 Ducato and have overcome this? Appreciate any advice from a couple of newbies to this lovely hobby.

Cheers Kas and Steve

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if its like the Fiamma bike racks you can slide the rails from side to side by releasing the bilts under neath and then move the rail and retighten.:thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
not familiar with the omi racks but the fiamma allow the rails to slide from side to side just by loosening the securing bolts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GlobeStar

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Woodhall Spa
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Are you putting the block on the outside of the bike wheels or inside so the blocks are clamping from the centre forward or rearward? This latter way is correct.

Tim

OP
OP
S

Stsxt05

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks for the replies

All , I am so impressed with this forum and a special thanks for the replies which have provided instant answers, superb .. Thanks again I will try all suggestions and post back Kas n Steve

OP
OP
S

Stsxt05

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks Mitzimad, Phil D and Globestar

Guys , just to follow up on my previous post, your ideas have completely solved my problem, I am most gratefu. The Omni Bike deluxe rack does indeed allow the bottom rails to slide left and right and I have also turned around the quick blockers. Many thanks again Kas n Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back