Fiat Ducato 2014 - Central locking not working for rear door only (1 Viewer)

Messyjessy

Free Member
Feb 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 2014 con
Hi,
If have been searches the deepest caves of google to find a solution for my central locking problem. Only the rear doors are not locking automatically, not by the fob not the driver button. I have seen some posts about battery and fob resets but no luck.
I fear it might be the locking unit or the wire. Any ideas how I could test this without ordering expensive parts? Any suggestion or help will be very welcome. Cheers

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This is frequently caused by a wire in the loom to the door fractures because it keeps flexing

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi welcome, it could be the harness going through from the main body into the door or the contacts at the door itself.

does it lock with a key?

I would start by looking at the door losck electrical feed with a multtimeter and activate the cental locking look for a voltage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Messyjessy

Messyjessy

Free Member
Feb 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 2014 con
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes it does still lock with the key. If it is the loom, how best to replace it? Would I need to strip my interior?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
mostly there is a connector just inside the door pillar. you may get access by removing a rear light cluster.

but check the voltage first at the door lock actuator. you dont want to be replacing the short harness and then finfd its the actuator.

Adriatik

Free Member
Aug 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato 2.8 jtd
Hello friends, I also have a problem with the doors, but I can't find the main door control unit or better to say the electrical heart, you are supplied with the door control, can you please tell me where the control unit module is located?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome.
It would help members help you if you have a bit more information.
What van, what year, which door in particular is a problem.

Adriatik

Free Member
Aug 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato 2.8 jtd
yes, thanks for the hospitality! I have a problem from time to time with all the doors, so I want to check the main module, especially when the weather is hot, I have. fiat ducato 2.8 jtd 1998. thanks!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry I am not familiar with the locking central controller on that van.
Hope someone else on here can help.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Maybe a cheap fix. Same trouble with a Frontera 2.8 Last letter " S" 96-7 ? Went to open back doors and they opened,it was locked. Mate on the Rally had a can of WD 40. Sprayed this on and around the lock... BINGO Self locking now worked. ( Oxidised ? ) I was the Butt of all the jokes that weekend.. " T' Squirting that SWD 40 over that vehicle...DOUBLED its value." In truth,it was bought as a stop gap,swopped an Isuzu 2.8 swb on a J plate for it. Kept the Frontera for 6 years.LOVED it,never let me down and kept up with the flow of traffic,even on the Autobahns . Think " Lots of towns called Ausfahrt over here ". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y).
Tea Bag

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was going to ask when the solenoids were last greased? Only takes a tiny bit of rust to jam and if it's the master of the set, central locking packs in

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Hi,
If have been searches the deepest caves of google to find a solution for my central locking problem. Only the rear doors are not locking automatically, not by the fob not the driver button. I have seen some posts about battery and fob resets but no luck.
I fear it might be the locking unit or the wire. Any ideas how I could test this without ordering expensive parts? Any suggestion or help will be very welcome. Cheers
What model moho is it ?

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Assuming it’s like my Fiat ducato based chausson. Try standing in the van , manually locking the habitation door by pressing the door handle , is the key fob to unlock the whole van and then try the key fob again to lock it

Van the man

Free Member
Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 2.3
I have the same problem with a Fiat Ducato 2.3 (2009). Looks like there is no power going to the rear lock. Disconnected is at the place where the door swings open. But how do I measure this with a volt meter?

Van the man

Free Member
Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 2.3
I have the same problem with a Fiat Ducato 2.3 (2009). Looks like there is no power going to the rear lock. When I click the button on my key I hear all other locks go click, but nothing happens at the rear end of the van. I disconnected the wire where the door swings open. I have an volt meter. How to know if there is power? A photo would help me a lot.

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Some Ducato vans the rear and side loading door only lock with the remote. To unlock you need to press button on dash.
Dennis

Van the man

Free Member
Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 2.3
Thanks a lot Phill! I am pretty sure there is no power going to the rear lock when I click the button on my key. Do you know if the rear lock has a fuse of its own? What else could be the problem?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
If the van has rear doors check the connector between the body and the door it’s in a rubber sleeve

Van the man

Free Member
Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 2.3
I tried to clean up the contacts of the cables to the lock at the rear door. Now the central locking in the whole car isn't working anymore! The lights flash when I push the buttons on the key (red light on key also flashes), but there's no sound nor locking of the doors. 15 A Fuse seems to be okay. It gets a little frustrating.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
My hab door C/locking prob was a broken 1 inch long spring down at the bottom of the door that operates the latch..
Fix, Inside door panel off and I fitted a new spring scrounged from the dealers mechanics.
Cause, SOMEONE slammed the door in a fit of pique 🙄
Mitch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back