Fiat Ducato 1990 Owner's Manual (1 Viewer)

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Hi all
I've been scouting all over for a manual for me old Fiat Ducato 1971cc motorhome and all I can find (on Amazon) is this:

Citroen C25, Fiat Ducato, Talbot Express Petrol Models Workshop Manual Paperback – 1998

from Peter Russek
Can anyone tell me whether this does the job?
Or is there anyone out there who has an original and would be prepared to flog me a PDF version (!)?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have experience of Russeks manuals. They are utter cr£p. Simple example: dozens of pages describing a full engine stripdown, re-condition, and rebuild (probably at least one third of the manual). Nothing whatsoever on the gear linkage or its adjustment. Or the gearbox. Generic electrical information that covers everying at once (but not the one you want it for) that is poorly photocopied and shrunk to fit the tiny pages. My impression is that he makes his money from paraphrasing OEM information that he has access to and ignoring everything he hasn't.

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Thanks Tony. Yes, it looked like a kind of Haynes manual - how to do all the things you'd hesitate to do if you had any sense.
All I really need is the owner's handbook kind of thing, dealing with which knobs do what, where the bonnet release catch is (found it - but not the bit at the actual bonnet itself - yet). The search continues ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My impression is that he makes his money from paraphrasing OEM information that he has access to and igno
He must write the Haynes manuals as well......

They used to be very detailed on every subject, even gearbox and diff rebuilds, but the majority of the modern manuals technical jobs have the wording....refer to main dealer. ..and no other info.
Has the average home mechanic lost the ability to follow instructions in their opinion ?

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Hi all
I've been scouting all over for a manual for me old Fiat Ducato 1971cc motorhome and all I can find (on Amazon) is this:

Citroen C25, Fiat Ducato, Talbot Express Petrol Models Workshop Manual Paperback – 1998

from Peter Russek
Can anyone tell me whether this does the job?
Or is there anyone out there who has an original and would be prepared to flog me a PDF version (!)?
That Pocket Mechanic series is all I could find too when I was looking for a manual for both my Ducato van and Hymer MH. Can't say I'm very impressed with it. Better than nothing I suppose but not as good as Haynes (and they have their shortcomings). I too really wanted just a copy of the original owners handbook.

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Ain't it always the way? I used to have a rule that I wouldn't buy a vehicle if there wasn't an owner's manual with it. Hey-ho!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well it took me at least 3 minutes to find what you are looking for guys ... :)

Broken Link Removed

To download the manual you do have to sign up.. but it is free and safe as a safe thing as far as i am concerned

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Thanks for that, Jaws, I did find that one too, but it looked well dodgy and looking through the whois service didn't exactly inspire my confidence!
Maybe I'll have a crack at it on my old laptop; no great harm if it gets raided.
... Well, I took a chance and, apart from making an obligatory £1 UNICEF donation, it LOOKS okay. But they for sure did not have an owner's manual, nor anything related to Fiat Ducato, or even Fiat!
So now I'll watch my credit card history and stand by to call the fraud line .....

Last edited:

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Thanks for that, Jaws, I did find that one too, but it looked well dodgy and looking through the whois service didn't exactly inspire my confidence!
Maybe I'll have a crack at it on my old laptop; no great harm if it gets raided.
Yes. I came across it too or one very similar. I think it wanted to install some strange software on my laptop so I could download the pdf. I was suspicious so I didn't continue.

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Hi Mustapha! No request to download software for me, but it was as much use as a chocolate teapot!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. so have you guys tried one of the fiat ducato forums at all ?

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Yep. No luck as yet. Seem to be a lot of people looking for one though!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
@Wildbill do you have an owners manual for your van that could be copied and returned to you?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
when i get home i will have a look out on a job at the moment i have a few technical manuals but most of the work i do comes straight out of my head
he might be in luck

bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
OK I have the talbut book for that era ther is two books one covers the engine the engine one I can't put hand on it just now think its in the loft :Eeek:
If any one has seen my loft my next post will take a while
Bill

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
got the books thay are copies pay return posteg and i will send them
bill

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Hi Bill,
I have been searching for manuals for my 1992 ducato based ffb. I would be very grateful if I could get the chance to copy your books and will guarantee to return them quickly. I could also put them on a DVD and send that at the same time as I return the originals if that would help.

Bill(enery8)

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
@Rob and Val
I missed seeing this post from you - around then I had to go into hospital for some unpleasantness, hence the rudeness in not replying in a timely fashion. Thank you: I've ordered the CD. It looks very handy!

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
@Wildbill
I missed your post because I went into hospital around then, hence (see post to Rob and Val).
I'd be delighted to pay a fiver or more for the copy. Is it still available, or has it disappeared into the Aladdin's cave that is your loft (if it's anything like mine!)
David

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Glad to be of help, David. Hope you are feeling much better after your stay in hospital.

Annematt

Free Member
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
Looking for a user manual for a 1995 fiat ducato diesel if anyone could help I would be really grateful

Thankyou

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Looking for a user manual for a 1995 fiat ducato diesel if anyone could help I would be really grateful

Thankyou

or user handbook
<Broken link removed>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back